Mom hates my baby's name

Mom.to.Many

Reaction score
Hi there! I am currently 25 weeks with identical boys and have been having trouble with my mom regarding a name we chose. Baby B will be named Elijah Rush and my family loves his name, but poor Baby A has been under fire because we want to name him Abel Totem. I think what hurts the most is my unborn child is being bullied by his grandma because she has to have final word on everything. Am I letting this get to me more than it should? I would love to hear some feedback if any of you had to fight the same battle with a friend or family member. Are the names I picked really that bad?

I haven't been pregnant yet so I haven't had any fights about this kind of thing yet. In my opinion the first name you picked for Baby B is good, Elijah, but adding the word Rush sounds like its a band name. And the first and middle names for baby A sounds awful to me, but thats all my opinion! Please don't take it personal! ;)

No one liked the name I chose for my DD. It was too unusual for my parents. I stuck with it because I loved it. She is now 13 and loves her name, and so do my parents. They got used to it.

Maybe she'd like it better if you change the middle name. Just a little different, I think, but if you like it, stick with it! I love the first name! Congrats on your twinnies! <3

Elijah and Abel sound great together. Your Mum had her chance to name HER babies what she wanted, now its YOUR turn to call YOUR babies what YOU want :)

My Mum is the same btw, she won't acknowledge our daughters name, which is going to be Ava. She is telling everyone her name will be Lucy, which is what she wants

ur baby hun, use the name you want, dont let anyone change your mind, long as ur happy who cares xx

She has no business imposing her opinion on you - this isn't her baby.

Elijah and Abel sound great together. Your Mum had her chance to name HER babies what she wanted, now its YOUR turn to call YOUR babies what YOU want :)

exactly this! Elijah and Abel are great names x

Its your babies you delivery them you go through it all so you choose the names not your mum. My mum done the same on me and she wasnt told second time around what choices where.

I agree 100% with what the PPs said -- these are your babies and you can name them whatever you please. Your mom will just have to get used to the names you pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->