Mom, Mummy, Mum?

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Hiya!

Just wondering what do your children call you and your partner?

Whilst pregnant i was going to be mummy and my partner was mom. We thought ah that was easy! lol. Fast forward to 21 months and we now have a talking toddler who calls my partner mummy and me, well im mamam?? Lol im sort of having an identity crisis. Just shows little people know their own minds even at this early age.
My partner keeps reffering to me as mummy bless her but i cant see it happening.

Anyone else? :flower:

Billy calls us both mummy. At some point I have no doubt that he will distinguish between us, but mummy for both seems to be ok for now! He is two and a half xx

These are just our ideas at this point... but I want to be Mommy then Mom when he is older and my wife Mama then Ma later. Its what we both call our own mothers-so seems fitting- but we also know that he may have his own ideas. Every two mom family I know does something different. Will be interested to see what others have to say.

It won't matter to me what our baby refers to us honestly. From the book I read about being the nonbio mom, I know a lot of women stress about what they're going to be called. But to me, as long as it's along the same lines as "mom" and I'm an equal part, I'll be perfectly happy with whatever our baby wants to call us.

Even my son, from a previous relationship, calls my wife "mom" on occasion, which he calls me. Normally he calls her "Kay" which is part of her name, but he says mom and it doesn't bother me. She's more of a second parent to him than his own father is so to me, she is a mom :)

I had a lesbian couple friends who are pregnant right now but I've never thought of it. I think they agree to whatever their kids will call them. mum or mommy is just for calling right? they are both mothers anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->