Mom-To-Be Excited, Yet Fearful

heather2629

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, but I'm the kind of person who likes to emerge myself with others and learn from their experiences, so what better way than this!

A little about my story:
Took a test at 12 DPO and got BFN. 14 dpo... BFN. I had given up and almost even caved to the apple beer sitting in my fridge! Despite the tests, I just felt like my body was telling me otherwise. I'd had a cold-like situation I couldn't shake, hot flashes, fatigue, nausea, etc. Then, Sunday night, when my husband opened a jar of garlic while cooking dinner... I had the biggest sign of all. See, I hate the smell of garlic. Absolutely hate it. But, that night, the garlic smelled good. Like, I-can't-get-enough good.

Took a test on Monday (17 DPO) and got BFP. Two more tests confirmed it.

So, I'm excited to say the least! But, I have to be honest... there are two major reasons I'm here:

1) I want to scream about this to the world, but fear telling people too early. So I wanted to open up to strangers and hope to learn from them instead.

2) I'm terrified, probably ridiculously so, of miscarriage. And I'm hoping to find some sort of hope on here. I don't know why I'm so scared about it, but it's on my mind 100% of the day. I just can't over the fear of losing this miracle.

I'm almost 5 weeks, and I'm excited but nervous. I guess that's a common emotional state for most to-be moms, but I just want to shake the nervous part.

Looking forward to "meeting" you all!

Congratulations, and I feel EXACTLY the same. :flower:

Congratulations, and I feel EXACTLY the same. :flower:

Glad to know someone understands the limbo of excitement and anxiety!! I saw your announcement (congrats!!), and we must be due around the same time. We'll have to keep each other positive!

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Congratulations!! :wohoo:
I wish you a very H&H 9 months!!

Welcome to BnB as well hun!

Congratulations! Wishing you all the very best and sending much patience your way as you will need it to deal with all the (mostly unfounded) fear and wonderful excitement that will follow in the weeks to come.

I had the same problem of constantly thinking about miscarriage and I found that whenever I would think something like that I would say a positive affirmation out loud, something like My baby is growing just as it is supposed to. Or, I am healthy and my body knows what it is doing. Hope that helps!

Congratulations! Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months :hugs:

Congratulations! Wishing you all the very best and sending much patience your way as you will need it to deal with all the (mostly unfounded) fear and wonderful excitement that will follow in the weeks to come.

I had the same problem of constantly thinking about miscarriage and I found that whenever I would think something like that I would say a positive affirmation out loud, something like My baby is growing just as it is supposed to. Or, I am healthy and my body knows what it is doing. Hope that helps!

I love this! Thanks!

Hi Heather... Congrats!!! It's such an exciting and nervous time.... My story is very similar to yours, BFN 12dpo, but I didn't test again until 17dpo and got my BFP.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Congratulations! Happy and healthy 9 months! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->