Moment of Insanity- Bear With Me!

N

NewlyHopeful

So, today we met up with some friends that have three kids- including a 9 month old baby.

We are all standing around chatting, and our friend asked if I wanted to hold the baby. Well, of course I do!

I held her for a bit then I gave her back. The our other friend says "He (meaning DH) told me not to let you hold the baby- he said you have been holding a lot of babies lately and he doesn't want you to want one"

So, I look at my DH and I'm like "why would you say that???"

He says "I'm just saying..." (meaning he has no reasonable answer)

So when we leave I tell him I can't believe he would say such thing, and when he asked why I said, because it was rude and that is private between us.

He then said "It's not private. Everyone knows that 'we' don't want to have kids."

I feel totally crazy! That was something I said like almost 7 years ago when we first met, and I couldn't imagine having a child.

Then it just kind of stuck with me for a bit, but lately I have changed my mind. It seemed like he was not totally opposed to the idea- UNTIL TODAY! We have even been NTNP for our entire relationship, but we haven't used any protection in at least a year. (unless you count withdrawal which I don't)

What on earth do I say to him now???

Almost all of our friends are pregnant or recent parents and it is making me crazy!

You're not using protection but he thinks you never want a baby?? What does he think would happen if you fell pregnant?
Either way, you need to talk to him. You need to tell him that what you said 7 years ago might not be true now and ask him how he feels. A lot of men come around eventually, but it won't happen without you talking to him about it. Good luck! :hugs:

Im sorry he is being unsupportive huni. IMO I dont think any man has the right to deny a woman a child. If if felt that strongly about it then he would be using every precaution there is. Definitely talk to him. Good luck x x

Thanks for the support girls! I have no idea what to say to him. Crossing my fingers for inspiration to smack me in the face!

Wow,i think that would really upset me if my OH said something like that :hugs:
As said though,you do need to talk to him and explain that what was said years ago may not still apply. People and relationships develope,and in most cases one of those developments is to want to have children!!
I agree,what would he say if you accidently fell pregnant?because if he isnt taking precaution then its a likely scenario!! X

Exactly. Thats what Ive told my other half. If he was that bothered he would use condoms.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->