moms from ONTARIO - child care benefit

captain-ally

Reaction score
I know this is a bit of a personal question, but if there are any moms on here from Ontario - how much do you receive for baby bonus and the child care benefit? Do you get the extra subsidies? How much do you pay for day care?

I'm trying to work out a budget and I have no idea how much I'll be getting/paying here - except that it's probably going to be more than my rent :hissy:

Thanks for your help

i was expecting to see you had your baby early lol

I haven't had a chance to do my taxes, so I don't know what I'm getting...if anything. There is that government thing where you get $100/month for childcare.

From what I've gathered childcare is around $25/day.

Im not sure, I sent my application in but its taking them FOREVER to get it done. Its ridiculous, but im going to have a huge backpay :) So that means shopping for me and Jas :D

Im not sure, I sent my application in but its taking them FOREVER to get it done. Its ridiculous, but im going to have a huge backpay :) So that means shopping for me and Jas :D

It took right around 6 months for us. $100 per month for one (I'm sorry I'm not originally from Ontario and don't know the names of these things :rofl:) and 70 some odd for the other

The one that was 70 some odd was the Child Tax Benefit and the other one is the Harper hundred, there is one more that you can get, but I think it is only for low income families or something and we wouldn't qualify.

How exactly do you apply for these? I was of the impression that you have to wait until tax time to do it? Granted, it's close to tax time now... but I haven't recieved any T4's from my work or EI for Sick Leave/Mat Leave.

The one that was 70 some odd was the Child Tax Benefit and the other one is the Harper hundred, there is one more that you can get, but I think it is only for low income families or something and we wouldn't qualify.

we didn't qualify for that one either :lol:

How exactly do you apply for these? I was of the impression that you have to wait until tax time to do it? Granted, it's close to tax time now... but I haven't recieved any T4's from my work or EI for Sick Leave/Mat Leave.
well Hannah was born in July so everything was done with last years stuff. We just filled out the forms, I think you can find them online at Service Canada's website and mailed them in

I know I'm not from Ontario but...

Here's the link for the forms for mail in or online application
https://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/cctb.shtml
That is for CCTB, there is a canada wide base amount (decided on your income) and most provinces have some form of supplement (again based on your income)

By filling this form out they will automatically sign you up for the universal child care benefit which is $100 a month for each child under 6 (I believe) in your care.

Both of these benefits are payable on the 20th of the month. You can apply for these at anytime of the year, as soon as possible after LO is born usually. It is based on the previous years taxes and is reset each year in July. So what you would recieve between July 2008 and June 2009 is based on your income tax from 2007.

Here is a calculator that will help give you a idea of what you may be entitled to
https://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/clcltr/menu-eng.html if you don't know your exact income you can guess or they can tell you what is is over the phone by calling the tax center.

The Univeral Child Care benefit is way better then the baby bonus (for me at least). I get less then $40 for baby bonus!!! Not even enough for a box of diapers, much less child care!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->