Moms of 3 or more, labor experiences?

luz

Reaction score
I have two children and am pregnant with my third. Is it safe to say that because i have had three healthy, uncomplicated pregnancies, and two text book labors with no complications, that the third will probably be the same?

I know every labor is different, and anything could happen, but in general, if you had two normal labors, was your third the same?

All my three were pretty normal. I had high bp with my third and needed extra monitoring but other than that it was fairly uncomplicated. It was much quicker and very intense.

My third was, like the pp, very fast. Otherwise all good!

thanks ladies, I'm so worried! How did you know when it was time to go to the hospital? With my first they told me wait until your contractions are 2-3 minutes apart for 2-3 hours. With my second i thought i'd follow that same advice but barely made it to the hospital in time (she was born 10 min after walking in!) I am scared this one will be born on the side of the road....

was your 3rd labor time 1/2 of your 2nd?
My first was about 19 hours, the second was 7, so I'm wondering if this one will be 3-4?

My 3rd my midwife said was like reading a text book. I had a very long (43 hours in total from 1st contraction) with my 1st, and then my 2nd arrived very quickly after 3 days of slow labour so we were prepared for anything to happen, from a week or 2 of slow labour, to being born on the kitchen floor lol. :haha:

When the time came I started to get pains around tea time. I put the kids to bed and sat down to watch a movie with hubby. End of the movie (about 10.30) I was pretty sure this was the real thing. By midnight I was in the bath and by 1am hubby had me in the car to go to hospital as I was noisy and fidgety (apparently that's my 'go to hospital' stage lol). Waters went at 2am, baby shifted into 'launch position' as my midwife called it at 3am and he arrived at exactly 4am! It was brilliant although very intense but nowhere near as stressful as my 2nd.

Who has been your partner on your other labours. Will they be your partner this time? They're a good person to ask/have around if you're not sure. Get them to make a judgement if you're not sure. If I had had my way we'd have stayed at home a lot longer, but then like I say, he came very easily and I may have had an unplanned home birth.

Best of luck.

Stalking this!
My first was a super long, back to back labour ending in epidural and forceps.
My second was 6 hours from first contraction to birth, born in the pool with no pain relief.
This time I am hoping it will be quick, but also kind of nervous about it being too quick!

My first took the longest(days), my 2nd was like your v quick and only just made it to hospital, my 3rd was induced by waters being popped ,and then v quick too from first contraction to birth was approx 2 1/2hrs couple of pushes :)

Mine were all pretty straightforward! First labor was about 12 hours, second was 3, third was 5/6 hours.

Paperwork from my ob said to call with contractions 8-10 minutes apart.

First labour was back to back, lasted 12 hours with 1 hour of pushing. He arrived 6 hours after we got to hospital.
Second labour was 5 hours with 10 minutes of pushing. He arrived 1 hour after we got to hospital.
Third labour was slightly different as I was induced at 37 weeks but it was 3 hours from the first contraction which was about 10 minutes after the pessary went in. 36 minutes of active labour with 6 minutes of pushing.
If I wasn't in the hospital being induced I really doubt that we would have made it on time to be honest. I would say that with your third you need to go in a lot sooner.

my 1st , 2nd , 3rd and 4 all got quicker and easier my 5th was a hard labor and my 6th she didn't grow so i was induced but the easiest labor x

My first was 16 hours with an hour of pushing- had an epidural
2nd was 3 hours 56 mins from waters breaking, only needed gas and air
3rd was 3 hours, home birth very easy. 2 pushes and no pain relief.

Hoping for another quick Easy home birth this time
Xx

My first was induction. Was induced at 4am on a Friday morning and she was born at 7:49pm on the Saturday evening.

Labour started naturally second time at 40+1 and lasted 15 hours from 1st contraction to birth.

No major labour complications with either.

I'm hoping for a little shorter labouring time wih this one. X

My first was 7hrs, 2nd was posterior so a bit long at 22hrs and third was 3hrs. My husband was stuck in traffic during my third Labour. I couldn't even get a cab because I had no one to look after the kids. We managed to get to the hospital 15mins before she was born! Make sure you have a back up child care plan x

I sure hope it gets even easier for #3. My first was a 7hr natural labour/delivery, 2nd was 3hrs (both were born face up), and I'm planning a home birth for #3, based on the fact that #1 and #2 were so straight forward. If I can beat 3hrs and have a baby in the regular head down position, I'll be laughing. :D Fingers crossed!! :flower:

1st baby born 8 hours after first pain
2nd baby born 6 hours after first pain (he was 10lb 11)

Hoping baby 3 comes quickly but not too quick! The hospital is about an hour away so I'm leaving the minute I get a twinge :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->