Moms of 3 or more

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
I know I need to figure out a way to keep everything organized and on schedule once this lo (#3) gets here or it will be total chaos. I am a sahm and I need to figure out a system to make life easier. What are the biggest tips you can give for keeping the laundry done, getting dinner made etc?

If its a mess, it will still be a mess tomorrow! Best advice I can give lol!

I just know I have to figure out a system or this is going to be a circus. I know that the living area will always be a wreck but I'm wanting to figure out ways to organize other things so keeping up on everything else will be easier like bathrooms, bedrooms, laundry etc.

I think just cracking on is the only way... washing, you will be doing all day everyday anyway... I know I am. Perhaps doing yourself out a rotor or checklist of some sort?!

I dedicate a day to each room. Ie bedrooms Monday, bathroom Tuesday and so on. I do the washing during the day, iron and fold on an evening after sweeping and mopping. Then put the clothes away when I get up at 7am and the kids get up! Unless they're already up. I out meat in the slow cooker in a morning or make a cottage pie or something in the afternoon when the kids nap.

If I let slip for one day it all goes to pot! My oh is really good and usually sweeps and mops for me while I do the washing. Good routines, good bedtimes and it will all run smoothly. If not you have 3 young kids and your house as well as mine is never perfectly clean. Although I wish people would visit at 8pm when it looks really tidy and clean. But people tend to come at 3/5pm when it's chaos! Xx

You know, my number 3 just fitted in. My routine didn't change things get done when baby sleeps etc try not to worry.

#3 came into our routine, we didnt switch things up around her.
It was actually pretty cool how it all just worked out.

Best advice I've ever recieved and always pass on is always sort out the toddlers/older ones first they can run about and make things worse baby will still be sat crying or fall asleep again whilst sorting the others out , a rule that I will always stand by !!

I am currently trying to get my husband to change jobs as he works shifts but it is different every day as he is a bus driver and he is very rarely at home for teatime/bath time and I'm really struggling to cope.
We have 6 children 4 of which are 5 and under with another baby due in November!
I am good but not that good!

I have 3 boys aged 10, 9 and 20 mths.
During the days it's great with just the toddler.

Expecting #4 Jan 2016
Afternoons are busy with homework and keeping toddler busy and happy.

I do a menu plan every Monday and stock to it. Get meat out of freezer in the mornings ready for nights dinner. I use my slow cooker lots too.
Autumn just started here so it's getting colder so yummy hot dinners are nice.

It gets easier :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->