Moms whose baby's have a dairy allergy

themaybaby

Reaction score
So I thought I'd just be pulling out my booby and nourishing my little man... NOPE! Not only was there the lack of milk in the beginning, then the soreness, the cluster feeds. This breastfeeding thing is a lot of work but very rewarding. But now I have another problem. I believe my little guy has a milk allergy. So I have cut out dairy(sooo freaking hard) out of my diet about 4 days ago. I am, wondering how long did it take for your kiddos rash to go away, if they had one. I would also like to talk about food. Like what type of bread do you use. What's your favorite vegan cheese? I have found daiya mozza shreds and teese "cheddar cheese" slices. I had daiya on a pizza we ordered last night but haven't tried the teese brand. I need any and all info you have that may be of any help. This threw a wrench in my breastfeeding plan....Lol...Plan...

i feel your pain , my daughter was never right, eczema and horrific nappies, i gave up dairy and soya and within the week i could see a difference in her nappies. she used to bite me to the point i felt like giving up feeding her. I'd bfed a preemie surely this child chould be easy!? Well she is 18 months old now and starting to be able to tolerate some dairy. she refuses all formulas so still has me to feed from. I used normal brown bread, but then Jessy is soya intolerant too so i had to be extra careful. I didnt bother with any cheese replacements, but then with soya intollerance that is pretty impossible. good luck. as u go further on you suddenly realise you can eat perfectly normally without dairy. it seems a huge thing to begin with like u can only eat veg! but there are loads of foods out there.

Thanks for the info. How'd you find out she was also allergic to soy? What were her poops like? His were green and watery. But since I have stopped dairy they are the mustard yellow normal, thank God.

It took about 2-3 weeks for DS's symptoms to clear up totally after going dairy free. I guess I was somewhat fortunate in that I was GF while Bfing and low dairy/low soy as it doesn't really agree with me anyways. So we didn't notice anything wrong with DS until we introduced food and formula when he went to daycare at 9 months old.

With being GF most of the products are dairy/soy free anyway. And we are definitely in different countries because I haven't heard of the brands you list so I won't recommend anything.

It took 3 weeks or so for my LO to improve after cutting out dairy and soy. Many babies with milk protein intolerance have problems with soy as well because the proteins are so similar.

I was gluten free already for my own health, so cutting out dairy was hard for me as it limited my options further. Being gluten free, the kind of bread we use is a millet and flax variety with minimal other ingredients. I didn't bother with any butter replacements as I won't eat hydrogenated oils like canola. I didn't try any cheese replacements because they all had soy or bad oils. I just ate a lot of meat and vegetables, mostly. I salted my veggies instead of buttering them, and sometimes used a bit of macadamia nut oil. For cooking, I mostly substituted coconut oil for butter in recipes. There's a company called So Delicious that makes coconut and almond milk ice creams that are very good. Pricey, but a nice treat. Almond milk is a nice substitute for milk in lots of applications.

Took about 3 or 4 weeks.

I also completely cut out soya too as lots of babies with dairy sensitivities are also sensitive to soya and I thought best to cut them both rather than do a few weeks no dairy and then find out it still wasn't fixed and have to do soya too.

I only had to go without them for a few months. Now I can eat anything and DD is fine with my BM. She can also eat anything too and is fine.

It seems like all these things are going to last forever but it passes quickly really. Xx

Hi!
I was a DF mama for dd1, we had a great thread going with loads of meal ideas, substitutes, good shops etc. I've just bumped it so you can have a look and maybe other newer DF mums here might find helpful stuff on it.
Good luck :flower: I know how hard it really is x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->