Monday is the day, wish me luck!

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
Been to see the consultant again today. My induction is booked for Monday morning :) I'm gutted it wasn't started today because I had mentally prepared myself for it but now I have wait another 3 days. So many emotions right now.

How is it possible for my cervix to change so much?

Wednesday lastweek - 2cm long, closed but soft and babies head felt
Thursday - had a sweep, 1cm long, 1cm dilated and soft
Today - 1half cm long, closed (apparently) very soft and babies head felt very low.

How can my cervix go from open to closed? I don't get it. Unless one of the doctors has done it wrong?

Can depend on position your lying in, if its a different person doing it.

Good luck for your induction.

I was lay flat on my back every time. But 3 different people have done the internals.

Thank you x

Yay!! Monday is so soon, and you must be very excited to meet your LO! Good luck, Vicky!! :hugs:

Good luck!!! I am sure it will all go smoothly and will look forward to seeing your birth story xox

Thank you ladies :)

Anyone had an induction? What should I expect? I saw a midwife today who said I could still be in there on Friday and then the weekend if baby arrives cause they will keep me in a few days cause it was induced.

Yay, good luck! Monday is the day for me as well :D I'm having a repeat CS, though. Yay for meeting our babies!

Depends... on how ripe your cervix is and your Dr.

I go in Monday evening at 4pm and get ceravidil inserted. I doubt I have the baby on this night. Pitocin will start about 5am-6am Tuesday for me and she'll arrive around noon on Tuesday... (That's how I'm predicting it to go and this will be my 3rd induction.)

Baby and I will go home on Thursday. (2 days after baby is born). Just like a non induced vaginal birth in the US.

Depends... on how ripe your cervix is and your Dr.

I go in Monday evening at 4pm and get ceravidil inserted. I doubt I have the baby on this night. Pitocin will start about 5am-6am Tuesday for me and she'll arrive around noon on Tuesday... (That's how I'm predicting it to go and this will be my 3rd induction.)

Baby and I will go home on Thursday. (2 days after baby is born). Just like a non induced vaginal birth in the US.

I go Monday at 8.30am. I'll be put on the monitor to check baby for 30 minutes, then they will check me (yesterday my cervix was very soft and 1cm long, does this make a difference?) on the paperwork I have it says I'll have a prostaglandins pessary inserted for 24 hours if nothing has happened I'll be checked and they will leave it for a further 8 hours, if nothing after that they will remove the pessary for 24 hours then start the process again.
I have a feeling I'm in for a very long week :(

My cervix is the same. 1cm and soft. Your induction is definitely different than mine so I have no idea. Mine is cervadil/Pitocin.

Cervadil helps ready the cervix. (However, I've had it twice and both times it fell out.) The first time cervadil alone sent me into labor, the second time it took Pitocin in the morning.

My cervix is the same. 1cm and soft. Your induction is definitely different than mine so I have no idea. Mine is cervadil/Pitocin.

Cervadil helps ready the cervix. (However, I've had it twice and both times it fell out.) The first time cervadil alone sent me into labor, the second time it took Pitocin in the morning.

Thank you. Looks like I could be in for a long week then. This is my first so I have idea what to expect.

Good luck again for Monday. :)

Either way its exciting... One last weekend! <3 Best of luck to you as well. We may have our babies on the same day! <3

I have been induced twice and took a few days each time before I had my baby. But as your cervix is already favourable hopefully you will do great

Alright it s now Tuesday after 2am. I just saw this post. I hope everything is going well! Prayers and happy thoughts your way! :hugs:

Good luck!! Let us know how everything goes, sending positive thoughts your way for a speedy delivery and a healthy LO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->