Money worries

im_mi

Crunchy mama!
Reaction score
Hey all!

I already have one gorgeous little baby boy who will be 1 at the end of next month, and my fiance and I are broody again already! We plan to start TTC after our wedding in september, and although i am exited im kind of sad too, as money worries are putting a dampener on our plans.

With jack, i was able to claim MA, and because i worked full-time in the previous year i got nearly £100 weekly which, although wasnt a huge amount we got by just fine. Now im back to my part time job and my hours have been cut. according to the jobcentre, i wont be entitled to SMP or MA, and that the only thing i can claim is incapacity benefit which is only a few weeks!

Ive been feeling so low about it all, i am aching to have another baby but we just cant afford it. we are struggling to keep our heads above water as it is and things arent going to get any better. Has anybody here been in this situation before? or are now? how did you manage? Is it silly of me to even be considering another baby? I know the sensible thing to do is to put off TTC for another year or two but i cant see things getting any better even if we do. It is against my partners and my values as parents for me to work full time, i would much prefer to be a SAHM but needs must (of course i have nothing against mothers who work full-time, its just not something i am comfortable with).

Has anyone got any words of wisdom for me? or a spare winning lottery ticket? LOL

I hope this is in the right place, this is my first post here and im still finding my feet!

Hi hon.I so know what you mean.Were planning to ttc in July when our little girl is 1 and Ill be in the same situation as you.Hope something works out for you xxx

thank you for your support, im sorry to hear you are in a similar situation but its also nice to know im not alone! hope you figure something out too. (by the way, i live in devon too!)

Hello. If you can hold off for a bit longer. If you are struggling now, another little one will only increase the pressure. My sil was similar to you and spent 2 years putting away little bits like baby wipes, cotton wool, vests etc Made a difference when she went on to have a baby.

Thats a brilliant idea, putting stuff away, ill start doing that asap! I guess it will help emotionally too because i will feel as if im doing something pro-active you know? Thank you xxx

Hi,

Am the same too its rubbish what u get really!! Thats a great idea though buying things and putting them in a bottom draw as it will save money :O) Ure lil one is a cutie xx

aw im sorry you are in the same situation too! its surprising how many of us are, when you really look! Good luck to you, too. And thanks for your sweet words about my lil boy, hehe i think hes a cutie too :p

My husband just got laid off and at my job you have to use sick leave for any time taken off for maternity reasons. I really don't want to put off TTC as I turn 36 this year and money is going to be so tight now. This would be our 1st.

^hun, im pretty sure its illegal to make you take your sick leave as maternity leave. according to the current legislation, everybody is entitled to 12 months maternity leave (at least 6 months paid) no matter how long you have been at your job.

^hun, im pretty sure its illegal to make you take your sick leave as maternity leave. according to the current legislation, everybody is entitled to 12 months maternity leave (at least 6 months paid) no matter how long you have been at your job.

Sadly, not in the US. We have crap maternity laws here.

the only way we are getting around it is that i am working nights 3 12hr shifts =full time i am away for as little time as possible so i can be with my son and any future babys during the day and oh only has to be at home 3nights that way all child care is sorted and we are with our children as much as we can! and full time is considered over 18hrs in this counrty by law! so we will see! i hope you get baby number 2 soon take care

oh no, thats awful :O i didnt realise you were in the US, sorry. I hope you guys can work something out, good luck TTC!

gnomette, i only just saw yours! thank you for posting xxx

no prob hon it wasnt that long ago take care sweetie :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"