Monitor ALARM went off 2 times !!!

1st_baby

OMFG !!!:cry: M sons breathing alarm on the monitor went off twice ..every time I got to check him hes okay ..breathing okay from what I can see ..and the sensors are okay as we adjusted them since hes been in his bed and they never went off ..

Should I be worried ? He had a temp yesterday but thats due to his teeth ..

Anyone else get this scare of there life ..me heart is pounding right now ..

Oh hun, sorry they went off. You have the angelcare? Maybe the sensors were too low/high? Or if he was in a DEEP DEEP sleep he might just not have been breathing as hard as normal.

Yeah I have the angelcare :) the sensors havent been touched in 4 months and never went off before ..maybe he was in a deep sleep like you said ..

still quite scary

yeah, I imagine. Colton's has never went off, but there were a couple times when Jamie got him out and didn't turn the alarm off; when it went off it scared the crap out of me because I didn't know OH had him.. so I cannot imagine if he had been in there.

mine went off once when she had a cold. Frightened the living day lights out of me. She was fine though xxx :hugs:

I never had those alarms when my son was newborn-my friend had one though and said she wouldn't know what to do without it.
I think i'd be more scared if I knew the alarm was there. Glad your kiddo is ok though.

Your not meant to adjust the settings really!

Is lil man in a cot? Does he move around it a lot? We've had a couple of false alarms one being Caitlin seems to get right to the end of the bed and lie across the smallest width hugging the bars and the sensors miss her :dohh: and the others at the start when she first wet into her cot I believe was because 1. she was a wiggler and would roll all over the cot and 2. because she was so dinky whist she did this. This time with baby #2 I'm going to get one of those cot dividers that create a smaller sleeping area for small baby!

A lot of the different brands have been known to falsely go off. A friend of mine (labour and delivery nurse) actually reccomended AGAINST me getting one because of the false alarms that were happening... just great for a first time neurotic mom eh..
Just my two cents

I love my sensor monitor, especially when she's sick. It just gives me peace of mind.

Saying that, in the beginning I did have problems with it. I had the Tommy Tippee one though and when I called their hotline about the problems, they said that interference can make an alarm go off. I sent mine back to them however and got a new one and have only had one false alarm when she had scooched to the very bottom of the cot.

Rhys has a really nasty cold and his alarm went off twice on Saturday night, hubby and I both jumped out of bed to check on him and he was breathing ok but quite lethargic the first time and he was breathing quite shallow the second time ( i shook him because I thought he was not breathing!). I am sure he was just moving less because he was feeling so poorly but I am so glad I have the monitor as I have real peace of mind that we are doing everything we can to prevent the unthinkable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->