Month 1 of Clomid

yeah she started me at a 100mg on my letter she sent me after she said i had severe pcos :( but i havent had a scan since i was 16 im 26 now :/ just hope it works x

I hope the 100mg works for you!

I just got back from the pharmacy and it's a 50mg tablet. Part of me is disappointed because I have heard most people getting their BFP with 100mg. But the other part of me is a little relieved -- does a lower dose reduce the chance for multiples? I mean, either way, I'm taking it. I'm thrilled that we get to do some things this cycle to improve our chances. I've got my HSG scheduled for tomorrow so hopefully that will increase my fertility as well. :)

I have found conflicting information about the dosage affecting your chances of multiples, I really don't believe it does, I have a friend who had triplets on 50mg lol. I think the increase in multiples has more to do with whether or not you ovulate on your own, so if do ovulate on your own and are taking Clomid as a "boost" then you do have a 10% increase chance of multiples.

I had my HSG the month before I conceived DS, my doc also told me that if your tubes are clear and healthy, that they often do see an increase in conception in the following 1-3 months! I think it's because the dye kind of flows through the tubes and if there are any little tiny blockages, it kind of cleans you out lol.

GL!!!

I have found conflicting information about the dosage affecting your chances of multiples, I really don't believe it does, I have a friend who had triplets on 50mg lol. I think the increase in multiples has more to do with whether or not you ovulate on your own, so if do ovulate on your own and are taking Clomid as a "boost" then you do have a 10% increase chance of multiples.

I had my HSG the month before I conceived DS, my doc also told me that if your tubes are clear and healthy, that they often do see an increase in conception in the following 1-3 months! I think it's because the dye kind of flows through the tubes and if there are any little tiny blockages, it kind of cleans you out lol.

GL!!!

Holy moly! Triplets on 50mg?!?! DH would definitely lose it if we get pregnant x3! My BFF got pregnant with twins twice but ended up losing one of the twins early on. Of course that is hard too, a loss is never easy. But I think I'm in denial that multiples could happen. :)

HSG got moved to Tuesday, so it will be a few days later, but hopefully early enough that the rest of the cycle will continue as normal.

Thanks for the information!

thank you i think everyones diffrent with doses in a way id rather be on highest dose so it gives me the best chance workin right away i wish they had scanned my tubes as im a worrier n keep gettin paranoid :(

thank you i think everyones diffrent with doses in a way id rather be on highest dose so it gives me the best chance workin right away i wish they had scanned my tubes as im a worrier n keep gettin paranoid :(

Yeah, I get that. Once you spend any time at all TTC, you get to the point where you just want to throw the kitchen sink at the problem and pray something works. Here's my kitchen sink for this cycle:

1) Clomid, 50mg, 4-8
2) Baby aspirin -- on the assumption it will do more good than harm
3) Prenatal vitamin
4) Super B-Complex vitamin -- can't remember why... :blush:
5) Guaifenesin, 200-400mg, 3x per day days 11-16 -- it's supposed to help with "hostile" CM, a side-effect of the Clomid
6) OPKs
7) Pre-seed
8) Temping
9) Checking CM
10) HSG
11) Progesterone (not sure what the FS will prescribe)

The only thing I tried before my last BFP was OPK testing. I am trying to stack the odds in my favor. Anyone else trying a bunch of stuff?

haha yeah triplets would be QUITE the handful for sure! Twins I think I could manage if I had lots of help, but triplets? Phew!! :wacko:

I also did baby aspirin, mucinex (to help CM), prenatal vitamins, and preseed, I was thinking like you, might as well do everything possible to maximize my chances, especially when those are such easy and simple options that can't hurt to try. When we TTC #2 in a month or two, I will definitely be doing the same exact stuff :thumbup: And for the progesterone, I think there is a pill form and also a cream, I chose to go with the cream because my doc said more of it will be absorbed and quicker, thus it will be slightly more effective that way...the cream is in an insert (sort of like a tampon) and you just put it in your vagina as far up as you can, I did it every night before bed so I could lay down and keep most of it "up there" lol.

Good to know about the progesterone at night. If I'm being honest, that might be the main thing that will really make the difference between early miscarriages and a healthy pregnancy for me. So I'm probably looking forward to that the most. How is this only CD5 for me? I want to start trying now! :)

Yeah, I get that. Once you spend any time at all TTC, you get to the point where you just want to throw the kitchen sink at the problem and pray something works. Here's my kitchen sink for this cycle:

1) Clomid, 50mg, 4-8
2) Baby aspirin -- on the assumption it will do more good than harm
3) Prenatal vitamin
4) Super B-Complex vitamin -- can't remember why... :blush:
5) Guaifenesin, 200-400mg, 3x per day days 11-16 -- it's supposed to help with "hostile" CM, a side-effect of the Clomid
6) OPKs
7) Pre-seed
8) Temping
9) Checking CM
10) HSG
11) Progesterone (not sure what the FS will prescribe)

The only thing I tried before my last BFP was OPK testing. I am trying to stack the odds in my favor. Anyone else trying a bunch of stuff?

Thanks for the info on Guaifenesin for CM while on Clomid. Going to stop by CVS on my way home from work today so I'll have it when I need it!
:dust: Lots of babydust for us all!!!!

You're welcome! I'm glad someone mentioned it to me. There's a link on babyhopes.com that talks about it, IIRC. It's also in my journal, maybe page 5.

LittleBird--I just searched Super B-Complex vitamin. It said "With folate, highly absorbable coenzyme folic acid" so I'm thinking it's the Folic Acid to guard against neural tube defects. That's why you're taking it. (Good idea, btw!)

Hi ladies :) I no Thread is old but I'm hoping some of you were still on it, I started clomid 100mg days 2-6 I'm 7 days past ending my last pill and I still haven't ovulated :( has anyone ever ovulated more than a week past the last pill? I don't even have any signs of ovulating coming on, we've been ttc for a year now but I have pcos so finally the doctor have me clomid but he doesn't seem to concerns want to monitor me while on it I've already ended it but still no ovulation??

Hi, I took my first round of clomid last month days 2-6 and didn't ovulate until cd19 or 20 so yes it can be more than a week after.

I took clomid days 5-9 and just ovulated either CD19 or 20. Don't get discouraged. There's still time. Just keep up the bd'ing!! Good luck!

Hi we have been trying to conceive #2 fir 20 months with no luck we had our first month of cloud last month also wit no luck 😔 I'm loosing hope it's so tough x x

Hey there! I'll be starting my 1st cycle once AF gets here. Days 5-9 I'm just needing a boost but I do have low progesterone. My md doesn't seem to worried yet bc I'm showing I O on the blood tests.
Don't loose hope yet Blue! Do you think you need your dose upped? Did you test for O while on it?

Hi meg! I'm exactly the same ov on my own they simple gave it for a boost! No. I missed bloods due to bank holiday! Good luck with your first round an hope you don't feel to groggy x x

What days did you do? I'm supposed to take it days 5-9 but I O on my 14th day usually...is that to late or does it work fast?

What days did you do? I'm supposed to take it days 5-9 but I O on my 14th day usually...is that to late or does it work fast?

Hi i take them 2-6 is that the days you were instructed to take them! They say you ov 5-10 days after the clomid so I'd say you should be okay as you have 5 days from finishing last tablet until you normally of if I've calculated right! Hope this helps an wishing you all the luck in the world x what cd are you in at the mo were cd6 so a long way to go this month yet x x

I'm only on CD3 lol.
It's going to be a long month.
I notice so many people have different symptoms too when taking it but I'm just trim excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->