Moods during pregnancy affecting baby negatively?

EarthMama

Mom of 2 & pregnant!
Reaction score
Hello...I am still pregnant and wondering if anyone who has already given birth to their babies can give me insight on whether moods during pregnancy can effect their baby's personality/disposition after birth!

The reason why I ask is because the past week my mood swings have gotten really intense. I sometimes suffer periods of very intense negativity and I feel terrible about it because I worry about it effecting my little darling in a bad way. :-(

I am doing everything I can do regulate my moods more, but sometimes they just sneak up on me.

Do you guys who already have babies think that any negative moods during pregnancy effect babies?

I mean no offense by asking, it's been something I've worried about.

I was awful whilst pregnant but my little lady is incredibly happy and rarely cries :)

I tended to have bad anxiety during pregnancy, but my LO is all smiles! There couldn't be a happier, more laid back baby. I think extreme stress can have an impact on your health and possibly your pregnancy, but otherwise don't worry about it. Anxiety and moodiness are quite normal during pregnancy! I think this is just one more thing used to give expectant mums a headache. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy journey! :flower:

I was a nervous wreck when pregnant and cried all the time coz I was so worried and my baby is the happiest most content baby my family has ever seen xx

I was crying a lot and snapped alon at people (especially at work... Oooops)
My boy is great and happy. He does has his "missarable" face, but I think it's normal if he has emotions... No?

My hubby will happily say I was a nightmare - tears, tantrums, stress you name it!!!!
My lo is utterly happy and content so don't stress! xxx

Yep add me to the chorus i had some hard things to deal with during pregnancy and was often down depressed and crying and my little lady is smiley content and not at all moodswingy. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy-life will never be the same again! X

Thanks SO MUCH ladies!! I really needed that reassurence! <3

I found it went the opposite way... with my daughter I was fine during pregnancy, and pretty happy afterwards. But she was a very unhappy colicky baby.

My son, I had severe depression during pregnancy, went into psychosis once during pregnancy and twice after the birth, and he was a dream baby!

I don't know if it really makes a long term difference though I know babies can feel your stress etc in the short term as they get some of your hormones, and hormones fluctuate according to your mood.

I didn't have depression or a lot of upset times during pregnancy, though there were a few times here and there where I ended up in tears. But I did work very hard and was under stress. My boss quit just before I got pregnant and he wasn't replaced for 6 months so I took on all that work. It was very stressful and I worked up until 38+1, timing my last week for when we had our annual launch - the busiest time of my working year! I didn't make it easy on myself lol.

I had a healthy pregnancy despite the stress and at 40+3 check up all was fine. At 40+6 I went into a&e with pre-eclampsia but I don't think that was at all to do with stress. I was totally chilled by that point and had a lovely day before I got pains, walking in sun and feeling fab.

But Isobel was a good weight and very healthy, scoring highly on all her checks immediately after birth. She is now 7.5 months, and while she has her cranky moments or phases she is a very happy baby. She has learnt that strangers fuss over her and no longer waits for them to come to her - in supermarkets she grins at people even if they aren't looking, trying to lure them over to her lol! She's in her absolute element with people, little flirt!

I was you're modern day Victor Meldrew when I was pregnant & my DD is one of the happiest little kids I've ever know.

She very rarely cries or gets upset.. When she was a baby baby she only cried if she was hungry/tired but now that she's talking she doesn't cry but tells me what's wrong :flower:

I had an easy going happy pregnancy and hoped it would mean I had a happy, easy going baby but she isn't, shes a screamer and a fusser, so I don't think theres any truth in it :shrug:

i was generally pretty calm while pregnant but I had my hormonal moments where I would scream, cry, or be depressed in general.

James is pretty happy though...well as happy as a baby could be, because they will cry anyways over nothing sometimes and it has nothing to do with how you acted when they were in the womb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->