More awake time - No more sleep time!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
So last week she did a solid 6 hours sleep in the night :happydance: but then it didn't happen again :dohh: lol

Anyway she appears to have more wake time now but she doesn't like being awake really most times :wacko: whingey etc needs held & will cry again when put down BUT all well and good if she slept longer when she did go down - still taking bottle every 3 hours & not sleeping longer periods when she does goe down.

Any advice?

Anyones LOs the same before getting into routine of sleeping at night?

They just like to trick us by sleeping through the night to make us :happydance: and then not wanna sleep the next night!?

Think she's still quite young so might take a bit of time to get her in to routine, have you thought about the number 2 milk (hungrier babies) if she's feeding every 3 hours? That might satisfy her more making her feed every 4 hours and also build her up for night time?

Noah got in to a little routine at about 3 months and started sleeping 7 hours without a feed but then all of a sudden he was a wake every 4 hours again for a while! Apparently they can have growth spurts all of a sudden?

He's in a good routine now!

Are you doing things ie bath time, bed time at the same time everynight?

xx

Been washing her on teh mat (is it top & tail or something?) she gets very dry after a bath and its a nightmare in this bath until the one I bough arrives other than that its in the sink so wash and out quite quickly. Something I considered - bathtime but won't bath her every night.

It smore the fact she isn't keen on being awake most times yet she is - feed will still be screamed for on teh 3 hours and then when she does sleep you think she'll have an hour+ more but doesn't I mean 3 bottles she had yesterday without much or any nap inbetween yet still stayed @ her 3 hours again! Shes started taking 4-5 oz now (most times) instead of the 3oz she was taking as well.

Stage 2 milk - is that for now then! I thought you stayed at 1 for 12 months :blush:

Ohhhhhhhhh see I never spotte dthat before! Already have 2 more tubs of stage 1 though :dohh:

Did/do you use stage 2? Did/does anyone else?

Robs sis used the hungrier babies milk for alyssa at a couple months old.

Yeah C&G do a number 2 (think its in a blue tub) unless she's on comfort as their no2 is for 6months+.

Noah has the aptimil number 2, he was finishing 9oz of no1 and wanting more!

Dunno about the not sleeping in the day - do you put her in her cot in the day to nap or in pram/chair?

I used stage 2 milk with Nathan because he was feeding every 2-3 hours and never seemed satisfied.

After changing his milk his feeds went to every 5 hours so it wasn't too bad then.

Moses basket downstairs so shes snuggle - sleeps in pram if we've been out & shes still snuggle sleep when we get back.

If number 2 is for hungrier babies would that include her? She seems to like little alot lol Rather than taking big feeds ... Hmmmm See the point for both reason I guess. Is it just the same but thicker or something does anyone know?

I used stage 2 milk with Nathan because he was feeding every 2-3 hours and never seemed satisfied.

After changing his milk his feeds went to every 5 hours so it wasn't too bad then.
Interesting!

Thanks hun! How old was he when you changed do you remember? Also when you changed how much milk was he taking every 2-3 hours!

Moses basket downstairs so shes snuggle - sleeps in pram if we've been out & shes still snuggle sleep when we get back.

If number 2 is for hungrier babies would that include her? She seems to like little alot lol Rather than taking big feeds ... Hmmmm See the point for both reason I guess. Is it just the same but thicker or something does anyone know?

Has a tiny bit more protein and carbohydrate in (just compared mine as I have a 1/2 used no1)

I asked my HV about no:2 as Noah was going 4 hours but really guzzling. Apparently if he wanted feeding ev 2-3 hours then to put him on no2, obviosly cos he was going longer so I didn't!

I'd give no2 a go!

xx

I have already got 1 new unopened SMA tin now I'll have 2 unopened C&G tubs if I change LOL

Nightmare isn't it haha

If theyre unopened you can prob sell them on through ebay

I've also taken a couple back (unopened of course) to Tesco!

I remember the first time I had the recipt but the 2nd I'm not so sure I had it??

You could just take them back and blame your OH for getting the wrong ones like i did :rofl:

xx

My MIL brought me a huge pack of size 2 pampers the day after LO was born so OH took them to tescos and said I dunno where i put the receipt and they let him change them for some number 1s to the same value :D worth a try!

xx

Yer its prob what I'll do! Hoping to go into town tomorrow anyway :D

Kaya sleeps for 12 hours :smug: But I cheat and feed her before she wakes up!

Interesting!

Thanks hun! How old was he when you changed do you remember? Also when you changed how much milk was he taking every 2-3 hours!

He was around Caitlins age, maybe a little bit older when I changed milk. He was having 7oz every feed on average :) He still had the same amount when I changed him over but it did keep him satisfied for longer.

Callum has started sleeping quite well at nite, 5-6hours every nite.

He's awake loads thru the day now and he does get quite whingy too.

How many oz's is caitlin having? Callum is still only having 4oz's sometimes he'll have 5 but not v. often. His weight gains fine tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->