More cramps at 10 weeks than previous weeks

Estesbaby

Reaction score
I will 11 weeks on Monday and I have been having cramping more often than before. I know it's considered normal, and I don't think anything is wrong. I had an ultrasound on Monday and baby measured perfect and had a good heartbeat.

I'm just curious, is there a reason for this? Before I was only cramping like once a week or so and now it's everyday but its very mild and sometimes I can't really even consider it a cramp, more of just being uncomfortable.

I had bad cramping a week ago and its gotten a lot better.. My doctor told me it was the results of your uterus growing, and everything stretching inside. Which would make sense to me.

Makes sense. I knew it was due to the uterus stretching and all, I just didn't know if it maybe stretches/grows more during this time because the cramping has been more frequent.

Its probably stretching because in the next couple weeks your womb will get a bit higher and a bump will start growing.

I think you are heading towards quite serious growth soon, throughout my last pg i would have phases of it actually being quite sore internally, but if you think how big your uterus gets its no surprise! I think it affects you less in a way as when you get bigger EVERYTHING is just so different (your bones and organs move!) you stop really noticing the wee things so much.
I also think around 10-11 weeks things are changing in that the placenta is taking over supplying the embryo/foetus so that may be causing it x

Hi Estesbaby...I think we are due around the same time! :) I have also had more cramping this week in comparison to previous weeks...I did do some research and apparently it is perfectly normal :) Hope your ok xxx

LaDY, we are very close! I'm 10+5!

So happy to know that it's normal! Have you noticed your symptoms easing at all? H&H 9 months!

Thanks to everyone else as well! Good to know that everything still seems to be progressing well! Good luck to you all!

hi! I like to stop by the first trimester threads every once in awhile and chime in when I think I can help...

Around 10-12 weeks I had terrible cramping... it worried me quite a bit. Like the others have said before me, it is definitely "growing cramps." Around week 12-13 I got my first signs of a bump and it made more sense. It's definitely just growing and stretching cramps. When you feel them, try to just rest if you can!

Here's to a happy healthy nine months!

My cramping comes and goes - and mine is often quite painful! We don't grow at the same rate all the time so it will be more painful or uncomfortable during growth spurts! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->