More Fertile after a MC ? ? ?

Truffleax

TTC our 1st Baby :)
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Well this week I found out from the hospital that I miscarried last week :cry:

Anyway we are trying to stay positive and want to try again as soon as we can we were just not protecting before but now we are going to actively try as we have realised how much we really REALLY want a baba so iv got my ovulation sticks at the ready now :)

Anyway - the nurse said to me to wait until i have had a normal period before trying again, however I have also now heard that after a mc you are more fertile! is this true?! also Iv read that its best not to try again straight away as your uterus lining may not be strong enough? and that its best to wait to make sure everything is in normal working order just incase and that you risk having another possible mc if you do get pregnant right away?

Any thoughts?

xxxx

So sorry for your loss. Huge hugs to you.

I have heard all these rumours too it makes sense that the uterus might not be strong enough i suppose.. and i know that your supposed to wait until after your first normal AF but i believe this is for dating purposes. I had a mc recently too and i have chosen to go down the being more fertile route and am currently trying so will see what happens.

Hey Truffleax, sorry to read you've joined us in this forum but you're very welcome.

Same here, we were being deliberately careless before I got pregnant. MC although a heartbreaking horrible thing did show us that we really really really want a baby. Now I'm a TTC maniac, armed and dangerous with every TTC trick available!

I'm not sure about the more fertile after a MC thing. It depends on so many factors - how far along you were, whether natural, medical or surgical, the complete randomness of our bodies - and of course getting lucky!

What I can say is that a lot of ladies start trying again before waiting for first AF (including myself). At the end of the day its a personal choice but I went on the basis there was no firm medical evidence that it was more likely to end in another MC if I did conceive.

Whatever you decide, good luck! x

Thanks so much ladies Im still in 2 minds with what to do but then me and OH arent really wanting to use protection until my first AF (as he hates condoms lol) so I think maybe I will just do the same as you both and just see what happens but save my ovulation sticks until I can actually predict when it might be as I have no idea now! lol.

If any of us were lucky enough to fall pregnant before next AF how would we know the best time to do a Preg test if we suspected it!? as we won't really know when our cycle is will we? Oooo it's all so confusing Iv decided Womens bodies are evil! lol

Thank you both for the warm welcome I feel like im all over the place I joined as I had weird goings on and then stumbled across this site....so began in TTC, then I was in First Trimester and then only a week or so later I'm now in here :( but I must say that every section I've been in everyone has been so lovely I think it's so great to get so much support from each other :)

xxxx

That sounds sensible about the OPKs. One thing you might want to consider is that you still have HCG in your body after a MC so a +HPT can be misleading. I ordered some cheapies from ebay and took one every other day until I knew the HCG was out of my system and any future BFP would be a genuine one (still waiting on that one...!). As far as the return of AF goes, usual guidance is 4-6 weeks after MC but that can really vary woman to woman (mine returned after 7 weeks but I did go the surgical route). If you are waiting much longer than that, might be worth doing a test and/or seeing your doctor.

Yer that sounds like good advice hun I know there is no HCG in my system as I had a blood test at the hospital and thats why they said they think I had a miscarriage - tho not much blood so I don't think I could have been that far along.

I think then perhaps carry on as normal and if Im more than 6 - 7 weeks start assuming possibly I might wanna do a HPT? I think thats prob the best way.

FX'd for all of us!!! :D

xxx

Im in the same boat 2! Had a m/c on the 1st of jan at 5 weeks bled for 5 days and now am just waiting i suppose? Its funny cos i never realised how much i wanted another baby until it happened and now all i can think of is ttc! There seems to be pregnant woman popping up everywhere i seem to go! If af doesnt arrive in the nxt 2 weeks then i will be testing! Its personal preference of wether u want to try straight away and i dont think theres no right or wrong what ever feels right 4 you! Good luck and keep us posted! X x x

Hey Laura

I know exactly what you mean about pregnant women popping up everywhere :( its so depressing! only yesterday I saw someones status on my Facebook saying they were sick of being pregnant and it just really got to me :(

So have you not waited until your next AF hun?!

xxx

Hey guys, sorry to see you here!!

i had a mc last sept and like you was devestated and realised just how much we wanted a baby!! as soon as i stopped bleeding, we went for it!! stupid some may say but it was right for us. there are many rumours and so called facts that you may get told but i say do what is best for you. i didnt catch until my 3rd cycle after d&c, not thru lack of trying!! i was gutted when i wasnt preg straight away but now have come to realise your body will only get pregnant when its good and ready!! i am now 11 weks preg and the worry and stress is just as bad as if i had caught straight away!! lots of positive mental attitude and you will get your lovely BFP's!!

lots love x x

oh and also didnt get 1st AF until 6 weeks after op!! x

Hey Hlaner85

Congratulations hun and a happy and healthy pregnancy to you :) I can imagine it is still so worrying hun I think I will be the same!

Thanks so much for replying I think after everyones comments Im not going to bother waiting and just BD when it takes our fancy with no protection but I think after AF (If I have one, I can dream lol) then I will start using my Ovulation sticks.

xxx

Hey! No i started bd the day after i stopped bleeding and was everyday for the fist 2 weeks! Who knows whats going to happen its been 4 weeks since i had my m/c so if i go on the first day of my m/c being the first day of cycle then i should be due af 2morrow! If it does not show in 2 weeks then im gonna test but i know im going to be symptom spotting i wont be able to help myself! X x

Awww good luck Lauralou25 FX'd very tightly for you!!! :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->