More questions about placenta encapsulation

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm really set on doing this :)

But I wondered a few things. The first is, how do you get the hospital to let you have the placenta? Is it something you need to agree with them beforehand? Do you need to avoid the injection they give if your going to do this?

Also, if you have a c-section can you still ask for the placenta? Whats the best thing to tell them about the reason you want it. Has anyone been unsuccesful? (I guess I'm just expecting a fight, because everything else has been so far!)

Also, how many capsules do you take?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks for reading :)

Okay, so I'm really set on doing this :)

But I wondered a few things. The first is, how do you get the hospital to let you have the placenta? Is it something you need to agree with them beforehand? Do you need to avoid the injection they give if your going to do this?

Your placenta - your choice. Make sure it is clearly stated in your birth wishes that you want to take the placenta home. A physiological third stage is preferable, but you can have a managed third stage as well
Also, if you have a c-section can you still ask for the placenta? Whats the best thing to tell them about the reason you want it. Has anyone been unsuccesful? (I guess I'm just expecting a fight, because everything else has been so far!)?

Same rules apply for a c-section - just make sure it is documented :thumbup:

Tell them that you plan on taking home your placenta. You don't need to give them a reason why. Some hospitals require a consent forms, others don't. Yes you can still have it if you've been injected, however it's best to avoid that, and yes you can still have it if you had a c-section. The only reasons to not encapuslate it is if they put it in a alcohol solution or take it to pathology. Another reason not to encapsulate would be if it smells bad like it has an infection (if you were sick at the time of delivery).

How many capsules to take depends on how you feel. You can take 1-3 pills at a time 1-3 times a day, so the most you can take is 9 pills a day. Most of my clients take 3-5 pills a day. Take them with food and a full glass of water, just like you would with a vitamin. Start off with 1 or 2 pills though to see how they affect you. When I took mine I only took 1 3 times a day because they'd give me a noticable hormone boost. If you have a dip in your milk supply you can take 6-9 pills to help increase it.

Store them in the fridge or a cool/dark place like the back of a cubboard. Do not take them if you're sick as they may not have a strong affect at that time and you need to let your body filter out the infection. If the pills ever smell bad then stop taking them as they may have grown an infection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->