Morning Sickness and Hunger

blueeyedmedee

Reaction score
I am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant, and about 4-5 days ago I started feeling nauseous whenever I'd wake up in the morning. At the same time I'd feel insane hunger pangs, which is odd for me because I used to never eat breakfast. So I will try to eat something but with every bite I take I feel a new fresh wave of nausea. It takes me forever to eat anything because between each bite I have to wait until I feel like I won't throw it back up. At first it was just breakfast, but now it is any time I'm hungry and try to eat. As soon as I take a bite I feel nauseous. It's really frustrating to not be able to enjoy a meal, and I have tried to eat more small meals throughout the day, but it just seems to make me hungrier. Has anyone experienced this or have an idea of something that could help?

Perhaps try eating before you get hungry! I always felt awful if I left it too long... then I'd have trouble deciding if I was feeling hungry or sick! I recommend snacking every 2 hours to see if it helps... I did it constantly between 4-8 weeks and it really helped! Only time I felt dodgy was when I forgot about eating!

I will try eating more often. I just feel crazy when I'm constantly eating. :) Thank you.

Happens to me! I never eat breakfast, but for the last week i have woken up STARVING and because my stomach is churning the same time, its not a good mix and i feel angry towards anyone because its sometimes painful! So i now have cereal in the morning to take the hunger pains away, just eat when you get hungry! xx

You definitely need to eat B'fast. Hunger pangs are normal.
For nausea, try ginger ale, lemon drops, lemon or ginger tea,...anything with these.
Vit B6 - tabs or gummies(available in Babies R us)
Small meals
Lots and lots of water
Walk
Always keep some water and some eatable-nuts/fruit/mealbar/candies etc with you.
Avoid strong smell foods

I used to become so nauseous with hunger in the middle of office meetings. So I started sipping on juice whole day.

I had totally stopped cooking at home because of smells and was totally eating out and craved for junk food all the time. Now at 12wks, i feel its going away

If my stomach becomes empty, I feel seriously nauseous so I eat about once every hour or two hours. Just small snacks. It really helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->