Morning sickness "bean cure"

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
So a week or so ago my morning sickness tamed down quite significantly. So much so I even wrote a post worried about my lack of symptoms. It was the day after I made a big batch of black bean brownies (not that I thought anything about it then). Anyway, two days ago, my brownies ran out and last night and this morning I was so sick again I threw up. I missed having easy brownie snacks so made another big batch today and within minutes of having one, my nausea settled down significantly again. I was curious if it was maybe the black beans, and googled it and found this "bean cure" for morning sickness: https://www.karenhurd.com/pages/healthtopics/specifichealthconcerns/ht-shc-morningsickness.html Basically says that morning sickness is caused by bile (makes sense why eating often helps people feel better) and that beans help with Id never had that before but it seems to have worked for me without even knowing it. Maybe it's the fiber, or maybe the high magnesium content, I have no idea. I highly recommend any sick ladies out there to give it a shot! It diesnt have to be brownies, any type will do (but if anyone wants my recipe Im happy to share!).

I have felt best after chili or meals with beans too. I also have enjoyed baked beans in the past month when I've never in my life liked them...and i actually craved rice and beans but never got the motivation to make it. You are onto something.

What??? I have a bag of black beans sitting in the cupboard doing nothing. Think I'm going to make a batch of black bean burgers this weekend! Thanks, girl!

Yes I think it might have to do with the protein in the beans.

I've recently read someone post about eating protein to ease ms and yesterday I bought a light protein bar (delicious raspberry and yoghurt flavour), had it at 3pm, just before I would get super queasy every day and low and behold - I felt absolutely fine all evening! (Until 2am when I woke up feeling terribly sick again...)

So off I go to the shops today and stock up on these bars! ��

I have felt best after chili or meals with beans too. I also have enjoyed baked beans in the past month when I've never in my life liked them...and i actually craved rice and beans but never got the motivation to make it. You are onto something.

Funny I made a big batch of baked beans last week too, I just started craving them which is unusual for me too. They were a bit too sweet though (sounds strange that they were sweeter than the brownies but there you go). I sweeten my brownies with bananas. I was also craving chilli!

Bumblebee I think protein helps too for sure, maybe it's anything that just helps stabilize our blood sugar levels? Problem with protein bars for me is that they mostly contain nuts, seeds, gluten, or refined sugar which I can't eat, Im on a bit of a strict diet due to immune issues. My brownies are like homemade protein bars that I can eat :)

What??? I have a bag of black beans sitting in the cupboard doing nothing. Think I'm going to make a batch of black bean burgers this weekend! Thanks, girl!

Black bean burgers? I may need your recipe for that! :)

Reading the "bean cure" cracked me up cuz in my first pregnancy the only sickness cure was to give birth to the bean, har har har. Anyway, I vaguely remember reading about this in my first pregnancy but never tried it. Glad to hear you found something that works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->