morning sickness...blame your mother?

myangel167

Reaction score
So over the weekend, a friend of mine who is 33 weeks pg said that your likely to have morning sickness just like your mother. So if your mom had it bad, so will you.

My mom said she never got it. She just felt tired and got headaches. and occasionally felt nauseous but never threw up or anything.

So, i'm about 5 weeks, so I know it may still be early, but so far I have had those same symptoms pretty much. Although, (Tmi alert) I get diarrhea in the morning! Usually just once or twice and then its over till the next morning. It could just be all the fruit I've been eating though.

BUT! I've also heard that morning sickness is an indicator of a healthy baby! Which freaks me out because both my brother and I were 5-6 weeks premature and had some issues when we were born. (We're fine/normal now of course....but still, it scare me!)

I don't think either is correct. My mom had zero sickness and said she felt great her entire pregnancy. I was horribly sick from 4w6d until 18 weeks, then it came back at week 24ish. I hated being pregnant bc I felt terrible the entire time. My sister had miild sickness with 2 of hers and moderate with the 3rd.

As for the other, I was terribly sick the 1st time I got pregnant and had good hcg levels and still had a mmc. And, as I said above, my mom had 0 symptoms (except bigger boobs) and I was born healthy. Congrats to you and good luck!

Eh, I dunno. Some women have one pregnancy that is symptom free and one that is miserable. I did read that morning sickness might have something to do with a woman's normal hormone levels - if they are normally high then when pregnancy makes them even higher, they experience morning sickness, while those with normally low levels squeak by without any nausea. In that scenario perhaps genetics plays a role.

My mom had constant nausea with both of her pregnancies but I have had none.

My mom and I aren't alike. She doesn't know we're pregnant yet but when I spoke to her briefly about us ttc she mentioned when she was pregnant with me she was sick on everything and could barely eat.

I've had ups and downs but at least I've been able to still eat most of the food I love. So far... *knock wood*

My mum had horrible ms with my older sister and she was born early with some breathing problems, she never had ms with me or my younger sister and we were both healthy.

I had horrible ms with dd and she was healthy but also had awful ms with my mmc so I don't think there's a link to either mums ms or ms and healthy babies.

Nope i dont agree.

Its your hormones nothing else in my eyes.

I had huge issue since coming off the depo to get pregnant, my hormonal balance was far from my normal.

This is my 3rd baby but my first with extreme sickness (HG) i point my finger at things not being right balance to begin with.

I don't agree. Every pregnancy is different in its own little way. My mum had morning sickness and vertigo with me ... And just morning sickness with my sister.

I had no morning sickness with DD1 and hardly any symptoms, just a bit crampy.

So far this pregnancy I've had nausea every day since about 5/6 weeks, sore boobs and just feeling a bit blurhhhhhhh!

thanks guys! I didn't actually think that this was fact...I was just throwing the info out there. lol

My mom never had any nausea with any of her kids. She has never had a miscarriage either so it was just the way her body worked with pregnancy.

I was nauseous with my son and super nauseous with this one but not puked so I can kinda agree with the mom theory. My mom also never got stretch marks and had very short labors, which I have followed in suit with those things too.

Nausea does not equal a healthy baby

Gosh if I get anything from my mother's pregnancies I hope for the fast labor she had with me!:haha:

Not at all true for us.

My mom has two boys and one girl and she only ever had sickness with me. It was bad- lasted until the day I was born.

I've had two babies -one of each gender- and didn't have an ounce of morning sickness with either one.

old wives tales pretty much.

My pregnancies have been completely different than my mom's (she had 3, I'm on my 2nd). The only thing that was the same, was that during her 6th month to 7 month on all three pregnancies she gained her most weight. It was the same for me with my first (I gained 11lbs in that time).

But even with my two pregnancies so far, first was an absolute breeze for me. This one I was sick from week 4 all the way up to just a few days ago. We'll see how the rest of this pregnancy goes.

I've heard this theory a lot and actually googled it :haha: there was an article in the daily mail as well https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...egacy-Curse-morning-sickness-runs-family.html but then i think most of the things in that paper are ridiculous. My mum says she wasn't sick with any of her pregnancies just the nausea feeling and so far I've pretty much had the same :shrug: i guess each woman reacts differently though to the hormones

My mum didn't have MS with any of her 3 pregnancies and I had it bad with DD and its just started with this one. Having said that my mum said we all sttn from tiny babies and we didn't have tantrums as toddlers so either shes looking back with rose tinted spectacles or shes just forgotten it was that long ago!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->