Morning sickness misery

Jazzbird

Reaction score
Hello ladies

I feel so so rough. I've had 24/7 nausea/hunger/food aversions now since week 6. I'm now nearing week 11. I've been vomiting once a day since week 7.

I've been off work 2 weeks and due to go back this Monday. The thought of my 2 hour train commute with this nausea makes me want to cry.

This is my first and most likely my last - I couldn't put myself through the last 2 months of hell. Will it ever end??? I'm practically bed ridden. If I'm not nauseous, I have extreme bloating/gurgling or acid reflux. I can barely sleep. I'm miserable .... Help!

I feel for you im only 7 weeks and I look and feel like death and find my self thinking omg what hav I done geting pregnant lol , ive also been off work for 2 weeks and im now so fed up of being stuck in bed I could cry :( but saying all that it can not last forever so fingers crossed this awfull sick ness will come to an end soon for the both of us , and bring on the pregnancy glow :) x

Poor thing! Hang in there, should hopefully start easing up soon :hugs:

Kellymummy - I'm right there with you. A real low point was vomiting in the toilet a few days ago and the weight of the vomit caused a splash back on my face.

So hoping it passes for you too soon. My oh seems to think I'm not normal and that I should just soldier on through. If I hear "pregnancy is not an illness" again I will kill someone. Or ginger biscuits or crackers!

Sorry I shouldn't laugh but your comment on the toilet situation made me chuckle , as I know what you mean so glad im not on my own on this 1 :) dont worry we both will be glowing soon and looking good instead of like death (I hope lol ) you hav cheered me up I was starting to think I was a drama queen and the only 1 :) x

The worst part is having to try and hold it in when you have to throw up! I had severe morning sickness with DD and had to ride a bus to work and brought a bag with me. I ride a commuter train now so I'm already planning to sit RIGHT next to the bathrooms when MS hits. This time, I'm just a bit nauseous but I'm only 5+1. I wouldn't wish the MS on anyone and HATED when hubby told me to just 'power through'. What a crock of crap! I'd like to see him throwing up seven times a day!

I'm in same boat. So miserable I find myself crying thinking what have I got myself into. I have been vomiting since week 6. I still feel awful and pray every nite before I sleep that I will wake up and be myself again. I literally a recluse.

oh dear ladies, I have only had slight nausea so far but its very mild. I am so sorry that you are all going through this and i hope and pray you feel better soon or find some strength to get through. xxxxxxxxx

So nice to read all your comments and to know I'm not alone.

Kelly - we should all swap amusing stories. A friend of mine vomited in the loo and the toilet seat hit her on the head! And a few days ago I couldn't decide which end to put on the toilet!!! Sorry if tmi but the vomiting reflex is so strong.

Chippsy - I am going to hunt out the seats near the toilet! Good idea! And yes men can be so insensitive. When my oh gets a man cold - he acts like he's on deaths door! I can't imagine what he'd be like with a bug that lasted 2 months!

Jopascoe - you poor thing. Just know you aren't alone! It's 4 pm and I'm still in my pyjamas contemplating a bath. That's before I go through the misery of selecting something for dinner. I can't eat meat or vegetables. My diet is basically cereal, hot cross buns slathered in butter, apple, yoghurt, toast, baked beans and occasionally I can stomach an egg but not without retching and some serious mind over matter. Oh and bizarrely salt and vinegar crisps.

Rcx - hope it stays mild for you. I started off feeling a little queasy until week 7 which coincided with Xmas week at my in laws and then it just got worse.

The thing I'm most worried about is going for a scan and finding out I miscarried or that there is nothing there - a phantom pregnancy! And I've gone through all of this for nothing!!!

Hang in there ladies we will get through this together. Let's share stories and tips :)

Sucking mints help get rid of that dead badger taste in my mouth. A slice of lime to sniff helps with smells. Eating every hour or so helps .

I had MS really bad with my first - I won't tell you how long it lasted as it won't be helpful!

Some tips though:
- when upchucking in a toilet put some paper in the toilet first, prevents splashback!
- drink plenty of water, makes being sick easier
- avoid acidic food, it hurts
- if you're having a particularly bad day only eat nice things - eg crunchies/chocolate in general for that matter not only taste good on the way down, but they're not too bad on the way back up!
- if you want to make it taste like mcdonalds when it comes back up eat ready salted French fries crisps and have some coca cola!!
- lemonade can sometimes taste a bit better than plain water
- try and eat something before getting up, as well as something to drink

Sorry some of those were a bit jokey, but it's not fun and I really feel for you. Hopefully it will pass soon, just remember to keep very very well hydrated. Even if you can't eat very much just drink plenty xxxx

And now I can scratch baked beans off the list of non vomiting foods :-(

Oh and the worst thing you can do is to let yourself get hungry. I tend to be worse when I'm hungry.

And I would sit on the toilet with a bucket.

I used to drive along or when hubby was driving and keeping a watch for good places to vom.

My doctor keeps reminding me that being sick is a good sign that all is progressing well. Xx

Sqwidge - LOVE your top tips!!! Hilarious. That has cheered me up no end.

I haven't tried chocolate yet. But you're so right about drinking water. I just puked up half digested baked beans and it was very acidic. If only I had drunk water then my vomming experience might have been more enjoyable?!

Jazzbird ive not got any funny stories to share yet I wish I did , im just a misery lol , I know how u feel tho on the I hope im not going threw this for nothing , at 5 wks I had a bleed and on the nxt scan at 6.2 it showed a small sch back for another scan on monday very mixed emotions at the min and the only good thing with this horrible morning sickness is that it's a sighn things are going ok , think this little one is going to throw the book at me I.e all complications ill get lol , I do wonder if ive got the energy for this im no spring chicken any more :) x

Awww Kelly I feel for you. Sometimes these early scans create more worry. We don't get a scan til 12 weeks in uk. I think there are a lot of unnecessary alarms with early scans which turn out ok in the end. I think this is why they don't bother in uk til 12 weeks.

Praying everything is ok for you. I'm no spring chicken either at 37, but you can and will get through this patch and hopefully you'll find second tri better.

Sending you lots of hugs and remember we are online to support each other. You are not alone. :)

One day we will look back and remember it as a really small passage of time. Xxx

Aww thank you thats so nice of you , and I think I might hav set this flameing profile up wrong lol only I could do that ;) Im from the midlands uk , god only knows wear it says im from lol, and yeah the only reason ive got yet another early scan is because of the bleeding but im sure it will settle soon :) thank you

Didn't realise you were in UK Kelly - god I must have sounded so patronising!

Not sure I set my profile up properly either!

Lol and no you didn't sound patronising at all :) I knew it would be something I had done , im useless with technology to my sons amusement lol , im supprised I even found this site , I can manage to shop online and thats about as far as my knowledge go's lol , well at least im good at the important things lol I girl can never hav to many clothes ;-) x

Yes the more water you have in your system the less it hurts/horrible it is...I threw up my dinner last week (chicken, veg etc) and I hadn't had much to drink and it was awful.

Glad they made you smile! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->