Morning sickness & public transport!!

jw1555

Reaction score
Argh! I commute to work, and the train journey is becoming unbearable!! I gag my way thru each journey and try so hard to keep the sick down! I am so worried about being sick on the train in front of other people and also worried about stinking the train out with a lush sick smell!!

I couldnt leave house through my worse phase so i really feel for you. See your doc for some anti sickness tablets.

Thanks hun, I'll ask the dr! I didn't even think of that!

You have my sympathies. With my first, I had an hour and a half commute to work each morning and I spent a lot of it on trains. I used to sit close to the toilet and keep a plastic bag in my handbag just in case.

Soft mints have helped me this time and helped with ds too, not with dd. Worth a shot before you try medication. My doctor was reluctant to give me anything as I could keep some fluids and food down though not much. Some people swear by ginger biscuits or plain digestives or tea biscuits xx

I drive to work everyday. During that sickness phase, I carried plastic shopping bags with me in the glove box just in case. I started doing this because one morning, I ended up being sick all over myself while stuck in a school zone. Had to turn around and head home to change my entire outfit. Decided I didn't want that to happen again. LoL. But it never happened again. Figures.

Oh no lol! Thanks for the tips, I'm on my way home and have mints and ginger soda! Still feeling sick but it's controlling it! Thanks ladies!

Ginger tea worked well for me....I carried freezer zip lock bags in my handbag

I had a friend who had this issue. She'd break up the ride by getting off the train for a moment when it stopped and hoping on the next one when it came by.

Thanks for the suggestions! In on the train now and sucking on lots of mints, still feeling sick but it's controlling it.ive also got plenty of bags 'just in case' fingers crossed!

I have this exact same problem. I feel so sick on the tube to work, i also feel faint and dizzy. Its like morning sickness mixed with motion sickness. I try and eat a cracker or something and it does normally make me feel a little better.

I think buses are the worse, just the smell can make me feel sick :sick:

Hope your sickness eases off soon :hugs:

Hubby picked me up today, turns out I'm even worse in a car than the train! Fingers crossed it starts easing off soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->