Morning sickness, when does it end?

Kay_

Reaction score
So it's been about 7 months since I last posted to this website. The last I was on here looking for answers in the TWW which resulted in no pregnancy after a few years of trying...On August 20th I found out I was finally pregnant!!<3:dance:

I am now 9 weeks as of tomorrow and for the past few weeks I've been having morning sickness/all day sickness...It's so tiring I can barely cook dinners anymore and have found myself eating stew/soups and fresh fruits, yogurt, small things like that. I'm so tired of feeling this way I just want to get back to my normal self again! So I guess I'm asking, if you've been pregnant before or have already left the "sick zone" how long did it last for you? Also what are some different things you've tried to ease the sickness feeling?

I also have been having this sour taste in my mouth along the sides of my tongue after eating or drinking anything which is making my stomach feel even more yucky:shrug:

Last edited:
Hey lovely, it varies so much! My first I had nausea till about 16 weeks. My second I had 24 hour nausea and threw up everyday till about 20 weeks! My third 24 hour nausea and threw up everyday till about 34 weeks and my fourth 24 hour nausea again throwing up till about 14 weeks?! It is really hard feeling so shitty all the time. Hopefully yours settles soon xx

Mine started to get better at around 13 weeks but still felt slightly nauseas sometimes.

It's awful isn't it. And that taste in your mouth is vile. I have it constantly. I was having nausea and actuslly being sick for around 2 weeks. All of a sudden its passed. Im still very early to so hoping everything is ok. I have a scan tomorrow morning so I shall see xx

With my first two pregnancies I felt like the nausea was almost gone by 14 weeks, but I think around 12 weeks is when I noticed it starting to go away.
It is terrible :(. Snacking bits of food here and there all day seems to help, and getting sleep.
Thanks to the nausea I have told my husband this is DEFINITELY our last baby lol. I hate this part more than any other part of pregnancy .

My MS was absolutely nightmarish with this baby, it has finally settled down. So very grateful to say it’s been a few days Without being sick (knock on wood). I’m 16&1

I'm 14 weeks and still nauseated. I think it's slowly improving though. I hope it gets better soon!

Thank you to all you wonderful ladies for replying! I hope this morning sickness goes away soon for all of us!<3 I will try snacking more often to see if it helps a bit

13-14 weeks with my girls (none with this pregnancy), it's not as common but some get it their whole pregnancy. I've heard from a few doctors that anywhere from 12-14 weeks the placenta starts taking over on hormone production and you could start to feel a little less nauseous. Of course this isn't always the case.

I hope you start feeling better :hugs:.

When I was pregnant with DD I was MISERABLE.... The small snacks like almonds or crackers through the day helped, as did ginger tea and drinking carbonated water, but not much. I spent the first few weeks thinking “how am I going to do this for 9 months?!” then literally at 11 weeks pregnant I woke up and felt like a new person! I felt so......not nauseous! Of course I panicked and thought something happened to the baby - but nope, all was fine! After that first day of 11 weeks I was rarely ever nauseous, and if I was it was totally manageable! Idk if it was just a hormone shift or body getting used to everything, but it was a relief and all was fine!

Here’s hoping you experience something similar! In the mean time, you can ask your doctor about taking vitamin b6. It comes in prescription form, but you can also get over the counter for much cheaper, and it’s working miracles for me this time around! :flower:

I’m a FTM and finding everything so overwhelming and i feel so alone like no one understands how bad I have been feeling.

I think the all day nausea started at about week 6 and then I started throwing up and couldn’t keep anything down at all apart from water! I have lost about half a stone in weight! This went on for about 3 weeks and I was so miserable. I was in a “what have I done? I can’t do this” mind frame and was in tears as just sooooo tired and sick of being sick and not able to eat or do anything....

I got to about week 9 and things started to ease a bit and I started to be able to eat without throwing every single thing up!

I’m 11 weeks now and i can eat so much better. when I eat larger meals I tend to get really bloated and my stomach feels quite “upset” and sometimes it just won’t settle until the next morning... but compared to what I was a few weeks back I guess I am doing loads better now! Apart from feeling sooooo drained, fatigued, tired.... I just want to sleep ALL the time!!!

What I think helped me in the end was ginger biscuits and just nibbling on small things like soft cheese and crackers and always having a bottle of water at hand... and making sure as soon as I get up in a morn long to nibble on something....

I hope you feel better soon! I’m still not in the “enjoying pregnancy” stage I often hear about but hopefully we will all get there soon! Xxx

(Sorry, long post!!)

I’m 12 weeks and still feel rough. It’s as reassuring as it is annoying.

Mine with my DD started to clear up at 11 weeks and with this baby, the nausea has already started so I’m not looking forward to the full blown throwing up. But my biggest piece of advice is to always have something in your stomach. Granola bars have helped me immensely or crackers.

With my first I was getting sick until about 22 weeks, but around 11 weeks it got better and was only vomiting once or twice a week with waves of nausea here and there.

With my second I just constantly felt nauseous every day but didn’t throw up as often, but that was until about 35 weeks. So basically the entire pregnancy...

Ginger candys helped. I popped those whenever I felt nauseous. And have salty crackers on hand at all times if you’re actually throwing up. And carry a bag in your car for emergencies. Been there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->