Morning sickness with 1st vs 2nd

_Meep_

Two girls
Reaction score
Hi :wave:

Got a BFP this morning. :) I already have a little girl who is 2 and had pretty crappy sickness and vomiting with her from about 5 weeks to 9 weeks, when it started to improve dramatically, but it wasn't completely gone until several weeks later.

Just wondered how your second (or any subsequent) pregnancy compared with your first in terms of feeling dreadful! Obviously I'll deal with it if I have it again, but is there any hope that I won't? Lol. Going to be much harder this time around with a toddler in tow.

Thanks in advance.

I'm opposite! My first was a breeze. My second, I've now been sick (nauseated, but not physically) for 6-7 weeks . It finally eased up a little last week. But still slightly there.

With my first I felt awful all the time from 6-12 weeks and physically sick a lot. But with my 2nd I felt queasy and hungover until 12 weeks I was only actually sick the once. I'm currently 6+4 with our 3rd and the hungover queasy feeling keeps coming & going. I've ready each pregnancy gets better.

Both my babies are both girls were totally different pregnancies.

Ooh thanks for this info - hungover I can deal with, but constant grinding nausea and puke is really draining!

My first I violently puked from 5-20 weeks.. this time I have been nauseous on and off (good a day, bad three) I'll be 12 weeks Friday and it seems to slowly be easing up in intensity.

My first was easy! This one I've been so much worse, nausea and sickness for the past 4 weeks, I thought it had gone today but after tea it's coming back again! 😴

I'm much worse this time around, last time I had mild nausea that could be staved off with mints and ginger nut biscuits. This time it's awful, I'm living with sea bands on to make the nausea bareable. I'm napping every afternoon when my toddler does. My tiredness isn't as bad this time around though thank goodness!

Everything was worse with my second. It's been bad again this time around. For me, every subsequent pregnancy gets worse.
The worst thing for me is I'm an emetophobe, which means I'm so terrified of throwing up I basically can't do it. So I never throw up, but I feel like doing it almost constantly during the first trimester.
I'm convinced my second pregnancy was worse because she was a girl. We will see if this one is a girl too, to confirm my theory.

Well I guess when they say every pregnancy they mean it lol.

I think I'm pretty much the same as I was with my daughter. nausea food aversions but thankfully no vomitting.

I have three boys my second was the worst but all were pretty horrendous ! Number two by far the worst tho I couldn't eat and lost a stone and half it eased up at 16 weeks x

Thanks for all the replies! It doesn't seem like there is much of a pattern lol, I think you basically just get what you're given ...

I'll continue to hope for a breezy first tri, but I'm well aware the reality is likely to be very different. I do have quite a sensitive stomach, after all - I nearly died during all my blood tests and vomited my way through labour. Ah, pregnancy is great. :/

I thought the sickness with my first was pretty bad but this one has been worse! This time, started around 7 weeks and still going strong now! It has started to calm down a bit but still sick on and off!

Oh no! That'll probably be me too. Sorry you are feeling crap!

It's unfortunately been different degrees of MS for me every pregnancy but each one involves my head in a toilet. :haha: my first pregnancy was the worst. Second was a dream compared to the first but I still vomitted. This time is in between the two. Not the worst I've had but definitely not feeling well at all. Mornings are the worst. I've lost weight this time around bc I can't stomach anything really food wise. I force myself to eat at lunch and dinner and I can't even consider food in the morning. It's all worth it in the end and that's what I keep trying to remember.

My morning sickness has progesssed worse with each pregnancy. :(

My first 3 boys were easy as pie, I felt sick, but was only actually sick a handful of times, all 3 pregnancies put together. I was fine by 12 weeks. My 4th boy I was so ill, all day long, until 18 weeks.

First of all congratulations :)

Both my pregnancies were similar with horrendous all day sickness starting at 6 weeks and lasted till second tri. Nausea all day.. Certain a smells made me sick, cooking was hard and I vomited a lot especially in the mornings which was so hard!

I remember it easing at around 16 weeks with my second pregnancy x

Haha, it's not looking too positive lol. But still interesting to hear everyone's experiences!

1st - nausea but no actually sickness.
2nd - i had HG.
Both boys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"