Morning sickness with 1st vs 2nd

Haha, it's not looking too positive lol. But still interesting to hear everyone's experiences!

Hurray Meep! Congratulations on your BFP! So good to see you here after the TWW 😀 oh, and my MS is much worse this time round and I'm also more tired which I think is connected! Blurgh!

Haha! Hello! Here I am :D after that ridiculous joke of a TWW ...

I am now resigning myself to the fact that I am likely to have moderate to horrific MS. :( When did yours start up? I think with my first it was at about 6 weeks so I've maybe got a couple more weeks of peace before the shitstorm hits.

God I really hope you feel better soon. It doesn't seem like you've been pregnant long enough to be so sick somehow, this second TWW came around really quickly! Probably seems like forever for you though lol. At least you'll likely be coming out the other side relatively soon. :)

I'm stocking up in advance by eating constantly. May as well do it while I still can. ;)

I'm so tired too already! Yesterday I slept in the day for 4 hours with LO ... she has a cold so was willing to nap with me ... and still I went to bed early and fell asleep straight away.

I am tired (but that's nothing new) and feeling slightly nauseous but I'm not sure if it's because I'm waiting for it because I don't normally get symptoms until 6 weeks

Congratulations H&H 9 months to you :flower:

1st Boy - sick from 5 weeks to sometime in 2nd tri but only really in the evenings
2nd Girl - sick from day 1 until just after she was born with HG horrible :nope:

Not having anymore as seriously I cannot be sick for 9 months again :nope:

With DS, i could barely tell i was pregnant. I had acid reflux, but it was easily tamed with tums. This time, i'veb been queasy for a couple weeks and really sick feeling the past couple days...really hoping it doesn't get any worse than this as i feel hung over and ready to puke most of the day and all through the night :( i haven't thrown up yet but i feel like it's only a matter of time.

What is HG?

Hyperemesis gravidarum - severe morning sickness. :sick:

Haha! Hello! Here I am :D after that ridiculous joke of a TWW ...

I am now resigning myself to the fact that I am likely to have moderate to horrific MS. :( When did yours start up? I think with my first it was at about 6 weeks so I've maybe got a couple more weeks of peace before the shitstorm hits.

God I really hope you feel better soon. It doesn't seem like you've been pregnant long enough to be so sick somehow, this second TWW came around really quickly! Probably seems like forever for you though lol. At least you'll likely be coming out the other side relatively soon. :)

I'm stocking up in advance by eating constantly. May as well do it while I still can. ;)

I'm so tired too already! Yesterday I slept in the day for 4 hours with LO ... she has a cold so was willing to nap with me ... and still I went to bed early and fell asleep straight away.

Yes eating constantly does seem to help...I'm almost 9 weeks now so hopefully only a few weeks of it left. Blurgh! It started up slightly at 5 weeks but only first thing in the morning and I could get rid of it by eating breakfast. Then by 6.5 weeks is started to last all day and gradually got worse. All good fun. I am one day ahead of where I thought according to 8w scan so my BFP was at 13DPO in the end!

Hope you don't have it too badly when it does start up! Xx

Mine really tailed off at 9 weeks last time, though it still came back at times ... I really hope that happens again. I could deal with that!

Nothing for me yet. I had it like you though, nauseous in the mornings and then ok after food ... quickly progressing to constant miserable sickness! So not looking forward to it! I hope you feel well soon.

So jealous you've already had your scan. I want mineeee. Just so I know things are ok really. Looking forward to getting my doppler out and searching for that heartbeat. We found it at 11 weeks with my LO, so that helped reassure me before our ultrasound that we weren't likely to receive horrible news. :)

First one, a girl, I was sick 6-40 weeks but could still somehow make it to work until week 32. I thought it couldn't and wouldn't be any worse a second time. But it could and did.

Second one, also girl, I was so sick I couldn't leave bed between 6-20 weeks. Then I lost my little angel. So much hard work resulting in such a devastating loss.

I thought I could never do it again but I was blessed and here I am at 6 weeks 4 days. The nausea started yesterday and I this point I'm trying to see it as a positive sign baby is doing good.

Best of luck jennys. Lately I feel like I almost want it to start in some way, just so I know things are progressing as they should ... but I know I'll definitely regret that after about five minutes of feeling sick. :/

Best of luck jennys. Lately I feel like I almost want it to start in some way, just so I know things are progressing as they should ... but I know I'll definitely regret that after about five minutes of feeling sick. :/

Same! I'm weirdly looking forward it but I know once I throw up I'll be like that's enough sickness now

With my first it was pretty bad. With my second it was even worse. MS is definitely my least favorite symptom lol...

Same! I'm weirdly looking forward it but I know once I throw up I'll be like that's enough sickness now

Haha, yes I remember feeling this with my first too. Then crying in the middle of the night with my head in a washing up bowl, wondering why I'd ever thought it a good idea to get pregnant. :haha:

Do you have any more symptoms? I have nothing except some cramps and tiredness and *whisper* HORRIBLE gas. It's making me paranoid! Why am I not really feeling anything?!

Try not to worry, lots of people don't get anything until around 6 weeks, and even then some folk just breeze through it all

I know i already answered but just wanted to say with my son i waited every day for ms to hit. I appreciated its absence, and was thinking to myself "enjoy it, it'll probably hit you tomorrow"...except it never did, thank goodness. I have it now and i'm interested to see if the gender theory (you are more sick with girls than boys) proves true for me.

Ooh yes. That would be really cool if it was down to the baby being a girl.

I'm happy with whatever I get, but think it would be lovely to have one of each - so if I happen to get a boy and no morning sickness, or even just less morning sickness than last time, then I would be delighted!

Well you're still very early, plenty of time for it to develop!

I know i already answered but just wanted to say with my son i waited every day for ms to hit. I appreciated its absence, and was thinking to myself "enjoy it, it'll probably hit you tomorrow"...except it never did, thank goodness. I have it now and i'm interested to see if the gender theory (you are more sick with girls than boys) proves true for me.

I've got 4 boys. The first 3 I was hardly sick. 4th I was really ill. My whole pregnancy in fact was as different as could be. I carried different, had cravings for the first time, and they were cravings for things that I had food aversions to in my other pregnancies. I had no headaches with my 4th like I did with my others. Everyone was convinced he was a girl because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->