Morning Sickness?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I took Zofran for my last three pregnancies since I am an HG sufferer. I was hesitant to take it this time after seeing ads talking about how it causes birth defects so my midwife prescribed me Promethazine instead in pill form. Has anyone taken this before or is currently taking it now? Does it have any nasty side effects? Thanks in advance, ladies!

Im taking it now and its not helping much the only side effect i noticed is it puts me to sleep

Hi there.

I suffered sever HG with my twins 4 years ago.. i took ondansatron, maxalon and phenergan (promethazine).
Phenergan is a catagory c drug meaning there arent enough studies to say it is or isnt safe..

Ive been researching as we were ttc now (bfp 3 days ago :)) and i can see that most hospitals recomend restavit (doxylamine succinate) which is a catagory A and perfectly safe.
They did a lot of research on this drug due to a court case in the 60's where woman were blaming it for borth defects.. the court case led to extensive studies which proved it is perfectly safe.
Doxylamine is an antihistamine (same as phenergan) but i know ppl swear by it. Ill be givinh it a try this time if im unlucky enough to suffer HG again.
You can buy over the counter but just mention to your dr first to get the go ahead!

Good luck!

personally the only way I'd take these drugs is if I had HG. too many unknowns

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"