Morning Sickness

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by GTTC49, Jun 6, 2011.

1. GTTC49

GTTC49 Pregnant- Expecting

Hey everyone!

I'm about 5 weeks (ticker is LMP but I have long cycles), and I have yet to have ANY morning sickness. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy about it, but I kind of feel like I'm not really in the "pregnant woman club" LOL Am I crazy? Anyone else have no morning sickness or nausea?

I should probably stop even jinxing myself because I heard it can kick in at 8 weeks.

2. JackiePed

JackiePed Guest

I didn't really have much until 6.5.... and it had nothing to do with mornings, btw, for me. Unfortunately. (ALL DAY sick :-( )
    So don't stress quite yet, it often doesn't show up quite this early. And if you go 6, 7, 8 weeks and nothing, DO A DANCE!!!! My stepmom said she never really got sick, and I have to say I'm jealous. I could see wanting to have a few food aversions just to reassure myself that I'm truly pregnant, but honestly hun... so many gals (including me) get so ill-feeling that it seems like you can't think about anything else all day... just about how you are SURE you're going to up-chuck your last meal if you move an inch.

Bleah!

So, for me, I try to make the most out of the time I have when I am not feeling sick, because I know when I DO feel sick it will suck alot of the joy out of the next 6-8 weeks of pregnancy.

3. robinator

robinator Guest

I haven't had any at all! At first I was bummed but now am thankful :thumbup:

4. katiekittykat

katiekittykat Well-Known Member

I felt exactly the same as you when I was 5 weeks and hadn't had any symptoms.....until I got to about 8 weeks and it kicked in! Nothing will prepare you for how your whole body feels sick and you just want to sleep through it all. Mine went away for 2 days last week, but it's back and I could cry! The only position that doesn't make me nauseous is lying down.

I really hope you are one of the fortunate few who don't get it!

5. jlp34

jlp34 Member

Be very thankful if you don't get morning sickness at all! Mine kicked in last week and I feel really bad, unable to eat or drink pretty much anything! I am weak and tired all the time, and very cold. Hoping this only lasts a month as I love food!! Mine is worse in the morning, cannot have coffee until I get it all out! It sucks because the minute I get up out of bed it's all downhill for me, it's like I get motion sickness, and if I try walking or exercising it gets worse!:cry: