morocco...anyone been?

country_girl8

Reaction score
Hi ladies im looking at holidays as its my 5th wedding anniversry in december and we like the look of morocco...seen a few hotels through firstchoice but dont really have a clue on the place and what there is to do etc with 3 kiddies. is it safe to go there with youngsters? and how long are flights etc

Pm lellow she goes every year. Were off there in October but on a crusie so have no idea about hotels x

Were going with p&o there's loads to do for lo and adult only places to. I don't want to fly with lo were going Southampton and back of at Southampton makes life easier but a little more expensive if you fly to met the ship its cheaper.lol. It goes round thed med and north Africa. There's loads of brochures at tge travel agents there doing a sherk crusie x

We went for our honeymoon in 2008. We split our time in Marrakech and the Atlas Mountains. Our riad in the city was called Monceau. It was lovely. I would stay away with children though, it is very busy and intimidating. I'm not usually bothered by others but I was wary there.

We stayed in Richard Branson's Kasbah Tamadot and it was amazing. I don't think children are allowed there though and there's nothing for them to do. For adults though it is very peaceful and relaxing!

I would think the seaside type areas are much more suited to families.

Oh an children are free with paying adults x

Oh i would kill to go to Marrakech, although we wouldnt take Indie that far until shes older so its going to have to wait.

yes ive been to marrakech. it was amazing but i woudnt personally recomend it for young children.

Hiya,

Is it definately only Marrakech your interested in going to in Morocco? Would you consider other locations?

Id say from an extensive personal experience that Morocco is EXTREMELY child friendly, but thats just where ive been.

Flights are approx 2.45hrs - 3.5hrs...not long at all, no longer than any European flight to be honest.

If you wanted to consider a budget airline [the flights are stupidly cheap] Ryanair fly to Marrakech, Casablanca and Fez, however Royal Air Maroc fly all over.

PM me or msg here if you have any questions :)

I went to Agadir and was nothing to do :( its ok if you don't mind staying around the hotel the whole time.

My parents went to marrakech and said it was really good :)

Xx

Hiya,

Is it definately only Marrakech your interested in going to in Morocco? Would you consider other locations?

Id say from an extensive personal experience that Morocco is EXTREMELY child friendly, but thats just where ive been.

Flights are approx 2.45hrs - 3.5hrs...not long at all, no longer than any European flight to be honest.

If you wanted to consider a budget airline [the flights are stupidly cheap] Ryanair fly to Marrakech, Casablanca and Fez, however Royal Air Maroc fly all over.

PM me or msg here if you have any questions :)

hiya thanks for info i like the place as a whole really anywhere u would recommend? we are looking via firstchoice is there a better way to book a hol there?

We loved Marrakech but not sure I'd go with 3 kids, Essaioura is lovely, small and friendly, the mountains are fab and we trekked from Imlil. Also went out to the desert (little town called Rissani I think?!)
There's an amazing gorge (cannot remember the name at all!) and also huge beautiful waterfall at Ouzoud that's impressive.
Fez was ok but we didn't have long there and I hated Agadiar.

If travelling with kids I'd probably go with a travel company.

I went to Morocco for the 1st time in July, I work for an expedition company and took a group of students over there, aged 14-15.

We went Trekking in the Atlas mountains and summited the highest peak, Toubkal. The atlas mountains are beautiful, with lots of walking, and the people are so friendly but if you're not in to trekking & camping then I wouldn't recommend going to that part.

If you are in to trekking and you have children of any age, I would definately take them as the weather is a lot cooler up there, even in July, when I went! And there are shorted day treks to suit.

We stayed out of Marakesh due to parents of the student being a bit uneasy as there was a bombing in the centre in May last year, so unfortunately I can't tell you much about there except it was blisteringly hot!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->