Morphology and Chemical Pregnancies

ShabbyShic

Reaction score
Hello ladies. I need some support. We just had our 7th Chemical pregnancy since trying to (consciously) conceive for the past 10 months. Prior to our last 2 cycles with the help of IUI and Fermera we had experienced several chemicals. I knew something was going on and pushed my obgyn to have us tested even though she insisted we wait a year. We have been together 10 years and married three and rarely used contraceptive! I told her that my hubby was into body building when we were younger and took a lot of supplements and for years i was worried it had affected his sperm! So she went ahead and had us tested. We were devastated to find out his results came back with 1% morphology! :( The next month we met with a fertility clinic and they made it seem like his morphology no big deal because his other numbers were perfect . They even said I could be the problem too. So I had a bunch of tests including HSG and everything came back perfect. I ovulate on my own, progesterone is always perfect, and Uterus is always thick enough for a healthy implantation. They told us we should take fermera letrozole and trigger shot to increase our odds. Even though i agreed to do it, I kept insisting that we have the SAME chances doing it naturally because I have had 6 chemicals before. I kept asking them what is the point of them injecting 99% of bad sperm into me!? But they insisted It only takes one. But once again I got all the pregnancy symptoms...implantation cramps and bleeding, swollen boobs, and light line on pg test! Then the dreaded period arrived a few days late. Again my heart breaks.
A few women that i met who also are going through a similar thing gave us a name of a different clinic. Our consult is next week. This clinic actually believes that his morphology IS THE ISSUE..and they do believe that poor morphology sperm CAN PENETRATE the egg but fail to implant properly because of the misshaped structure and irregular DNA.
Anyone else in the same boat with multiple chemical pregnancies and morphology issues? What does your doctor recommended?

Hmm. Sorry, I didnt want to read and run but I dont know much about it. I have had 4 or 5 suspected chemicals but my hubbies morphology is 6 or 8% (couldnt read the results very well) and everything else is stellar. So, it seems to be an issue on my end.

My guess though is that the best option, if you can't conceive naturally with the sperm available to you, would be IUI or IVF.

Really, thats the only options that are clear to me, but I am also not a fertility expert. Unfortunately, my understanding is that when it comes to male semen issues, theres not much to be done to fix them, they just are what they are.

I'm sorry to hear about your chemicals too. I have had some chemicals with out the 2 iui's and fermera. So I know his little guys are getting there but the wrong ones keep trying to fertilize! I think we are going to skip this months iui and just take fermera save money and wait to see if any of my DH lifestyle changes helped his swimmers. Next month he will be at the 3 month marker where the new sperm is made so hopefully we will see some changes in his SA. Have you taken fermera?

You mean femara? I have been on it for 5-6 months now. I actually got pregnant on the second round but it was ectopic. Been back on it and this is the 3rd round since my ectopic so I'm hoping we'll get lucky again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->