moses basket bedding

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by bumpy_j, Jan 26, 2011.

1. bumpy_j

bumpy_j Well-Known Member

hi what are you all using for your baskets - i have a variety for different blankets that have been given to me - the original half duvet that came with it, bale bedding, cellular blankets, a swaddling blanket and a growbag which just seems a bit too big for it. been advised that cellular is safest but it doesn't look that warm or soft. would love to use the duvet but it's quite thick and not very breathable over the head. am i the only one finding this a bit of a minefield? :shrug:

2. JWandBump

JWandBump Well-Known Member

Oo i haddnt even thought of this.. Id like to know the answer aswell. Sorry im no help lol xx

3. lilfish

lilfish two beautiful girls

I don't think youre allowed to use civets until your baby is over a year old. I'm using sheets and blankets because they're easier to layer and keep baby at the right temperature. Fitted sheet at the bottom (underneath baby), flat sheet and cellular blankets x 2 on top of the flat sheet.

4. anna1986

anna1986 mummy of 2

Why do the moses basket come with like a thin cover thing if we aint allowed to use them??

5. lilfish

lilfish two beautiful girls

I don't know :shrug: shops sell dodgy stuff all the time, cot bumpers for example

6. xxxKatiexxx

xxxKatiexxx Well-Known Member

I don't really understand what I'm meant to use? The mattress is horrible and plasticy. What sheet do I use on that? I have a sheet which is quite big should I just secure it underneath or something so it fits snuggly? It's so confusing!

7. camerashy

camerashy Well-Known Member

u can use a flanelette pillow case .......fits fine over the mattress
    and as for the bedding : im gonna just use a blanket and theres no harm in putting the lil cover thing that comes with moses basket over baby too if u want .......i have done in the past :)

8. Gemie

Gemie Mum to 3

They sell fitted sheets for moses baskets.. I got mine from ebay. x

9. holidaysan

holidaysan DS + Bump

I bought my fitted sheets for the bottom from asda. They were the cheapest i could find but really good quality. two for £7! So picked up cot beds sheets aswell while i was there.Think they were two for £12. Cheapest ive seen so far...... xx

10. Foxy89

Foxy89 3rd Tri- EDD- 6/2/11

I got flannel sheet in moses/crib size it still seems big but not too much and u just fold it all underneath and the flannel sheet is so soft!!

11. Foxy89

Foxy89 3rd Tri- EDD- 6/2/11

p.s think I got mine from Wilkinsons and pretty sure it was the pack of 2 for 4.99?!

12. Terangela

Terangela Well-Known Member

They also have fitted sheets for them at walmart... Or you can use pillow cases and tuck the extra to the back of the mattress. I then just use a sleep sack for baby to sleep in.

13. comicwife

comicwife Proud mum of 4

You can buy fitted sheets for your moses basket and you can also use then for your pram,so they do get a good use x