moses basket sleeping... help!!

Mooin1987

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
My lil one is 6days old sleeps fine during day.. Anywhere and everywhere lol. Problem is getting her to sleep In the Moses basket, she go down for about 2-3hours then wakes for a feed, then she will not settle back in the basket at all :-( I then have to sit up with her while she sleeps or lay her to sleep on my chest.
Any tips on getting her to settle back down?? X

Sorry, can't say I've any advice but sounds similar to my lo at that age - midwife suggested his days and nights were mixed up. She suggested keeping it as quiet and dark as possible at night and light with background noise for daytime naps. Can't say it worked, he seemed to grow out of it in his own time and noise/light didn't make much difference.

He always wanted to sleep on me, again he's starting to grow out of that now and seems to prefer his own space. The way I thought of it was, he's still tiny, he's spent 9 months in my belly, he just wants to feel safe and secure and be with his mama xx

My LO was the same he hated his moses basket so for the first 4 weeks he slept in between us at night and from 4 weeks he went into his cot. I will never buy a moses basket again.

Same with my LO, he had to sleep on me at first, then later sorted himself out.

we did the following:
* kept the matress warm - either put a hot water bottle on or put it in bed with us
* kept the room really dark - I just used the laptop light to keep it as dim as possible
* used white noise
* later on we used a sleeping bag so she kept snuggly, before that we tried feeding wrapped up on her matress the put the whole thing back in so she stayed snuggly - was a faff but worked sometimes
* Keeping a hand on her chest so it felt as if we were still wit her while she re settled
* Put her down before she was completely asleep - seemed to startle less when we did this and settled back down much easier
* Put a worn t shirt tucked over the matress so it smelt like me or OH
It does get easier so don't worry!!!
xxxx

Agree with babybefore 30! Don't think I will bother with moses basket again. LO only naps in it during the day which I guess is good as I can be in the same room as him but at night he would never ever settle in it! He sleeps much better with us and I love waking up to him smiling away at me! It does get easier, I know the first few weeks feel like they never end, but it is such a short time really and your LO will be sleeping through the night soon I'm sure. x

I found swaddling helped my lo but only used a very thin cellular blanket. I think its just an age thing though because my lo was exactly the same but it does get easier i promise xxxxxxx

We use a hot water bottle to keep his bed warm while he's having a feed so he goes from my warmth to a warm bed. We alsp bought him a slumber buddie which projects stars into the room :hugs:

Oliver hated his crib, was slightly better in his moses basket but I think that was because when he moved his arms in his sleep he was hitting the sides and the moses basket was softer but he was still very unsettled in it, we put him in his cot and he sleeps really well now. He moves alot sometimes he ends up horizontal across the top of the cot when he started vertically at the bottom so he obviously prefers the room to move.

we did the following:
* kept the matress warm - either put a hot water bottle on or put it in bed with us
* kept the room really dark - I just used the laptop light to keep it as dim as possible
* used white noise
* later on we used a sleeping bag so she kept snuggly, before that we tried feeding wrapped up on her matress the put the whole thing back in so she stayed snuggly - was a faff but worked sometimes
* Keeping a hand on her chest so it felt as if we were still wit her while she re settled
* Put her down before she was completely asleep - seemed to startle less when we did this and settled back down much easier
* Put a worn t shirt tucked over the matress so it smelt like me or OH
It does get easier so don't worry!!!
xxxx

All of the above. Plus I also used to sometimes pick up the moses basket with her in it and rock it till she fell asleep.
Also try and have a little light on somewhere in the room that LO can see from the Moses basket as it can be quite scary for them waking up to darkness. But if they have a little light to focus on they might go back to sleep on their own.

Thanks for the tips ladies! Tried oh tshirt in with her around mattress and moved basket next to bed so I can just reach a hand into settle her... She's now sleeping fine and wakes every 3hours for her feed... So much more happy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"