most reliable HPT

aussiettc

Mum of 4 and ttc#5
Reaction score
Hi guys,
obviously we all have had plenty of times where we have used a HPT.
What i would like to know which HPT is the most reliiable without being to expensive. If you would recommend a HPT to avoid please give reasons why.
thanks

Aussie I have used a few cheaper tests and I never really liked them, they were from target in the states and i forget what they were called. My favourite brand I suppose are the FRER,s as you can use them quite a few days before AF is due. I also like clear blue digis but both I feel are expensive.

We get the FRER here in Aus and i think i've seen the digitals too.
I'm OK with the FRER cause i can get a 3 pack for about $15
i think the digitals are like about $20 each, its a bit to much for me

I would avoid the clearblue and frer tests and stick with IC in my opinion. This will take away the possibility that the more sensitive tests are picking up a chemical pregnancy, as an IC will almost certainly show a -ve in the event of a chemical. The sensitive tests will get your hopes up when there is no chance of a viable pregnancy.

I would avoid the clearblue and frer tests and stick with IC in my opinion. This will take away the possibility that the more sensitive tests are picking up a chemical pregnancy, as an IC will almost certainly show a -ve in the event of a chemical. The sensitive tests will get your hopes up when there is no chance of a viable pregnancy.

just so i understand, are yopu saying that IC wont pick up a chemical. Does that mean if i get lines on an IC i'm almost certain that its not a chemical and will be a true positive??

I just want to know cause i'm scared i'll test with either a crap test and get a flse + or i'll have a chemical

just so i understand, are yopu saying that IC wont pick up a chemical. Does that mean if i get lines on an IC i'm almost certain that its not a chemical and will be a true positive??

I just want to know cause i'm scared i'll test with either a crap test and get a flse + or i'll have a chemical

That is how I understand it. When I had my chemical I got +ve's on both clearblue digi (preg 1-2 wks) and a line on a frer. But I always got -ve's on IC because they are not as sensitive so don't pick up the small hcg levels that a chemical would produce. When I got pg this time, I only used IC as I knew that there was much less chance it would be a chemical if the IC picked it up. Not a guarantee of course but much better odds of a viable pregnancy imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->