Most unususal but lovely names!!

I had mixed reactions to Frazer some said it was traditional other thought it was quite modern.

I love macie/Maisie for a little girl but I thought that was quite popular in the uk

Maisie is quite popular but I've only ever heard of the one Macey (pronounced Mace-Ee) though I think it's a very pretty name.

Maisie is quite popular but I've only ever heard of the one Macey (pronounced Mace-Ee) though I think it's a very pretty name.

2 girls at my daughters old childminders are called macey...one spelt macy tho xx

Someone I know has named her son Alban (she met his Dad in St Albans).

I really like it :flower:

I know someone who is such a big fan of music, especially the old Tenesse style stuff, that though she's never been there (she's in the UK) she named her son Nash for Nashville. I actually think Nash is a really sweet name!

I met a little boy named Crew yesterday and a girl that used to go to nursery with Edie was called Reverie.

A little girl named Brightley :) I thought it was really cute even if it's a word

The most unusual girl name I've actually heard of someone using (other than the crazy celebrity names) is Pandora, and they call her Panda for short.. I definitely would have been annoyed if my parents had called me that.. But, that's me.

Whoever said Wren for a girl, I LOVE it! As it's such a tiny bird it'd be perfect for a petite girl, unfortunately my OH and I are both tall so I don't think it'd suit a daughter of ours. Gorgeous though!

Unusual names I have heard and liked are: Seren (but everyone mishears it as Sarah at first, must get annoying), Fabyan, Donovan, Clover, Sage, and Rain.

There is also a girl at my school named Persephone as in Greek mythology, and we all just call her Sephie.

Also I know someone named Medea (pronounced meh-day-ah) which is also from Greek mythology, her middle name is Artemis too!

On a side note, Gem I tried to reply to your pm but your inbox is full so I've no idea if you actually got it or not :shrug:

There is also a girl at my school named Persephone as in Greek mythology, and we all just call her Sephie.

Also I know someone named Medea (pronounced meh-day-ah) which is also from Greek mythology, her middle name is Artemis too!

On a side note, Gem I tried to reply to your pm but your inbox is full so I've no idea if you actually got it or not :shrug:

Ahhh there you are, wondered where you had gone.. ive deleted my messages now, and nothing has come through?? send again hun xx

We are using Aubrey Paige for a girl and Gannon Michael for a boy!!!

i love the name Shiloh, but i have never met anyone named this.

I think Declan is one of the most rare names i have ever heard. I think its picking up in popularity, but i worked with a lot of school aged kids, going from school to school to day care centers, and i have only ever met one Declan. I dont love it, but it is different.

Nehemiah (knee-uh-my-uh) (for a boy) is awesome and very rare, and obviously i love it :blush:

aww, this reminds me of a cute little 2 year old i used to teach at a day care! This name suited her so well and we also called her Sephie :) Ive never heard of it anywhere else!

i love hearing peoples favourite names :O) xx

For me it was

Jenson. Which I never heard of before until two friends had boys and called then Jenson.

Melodie too. Which I love.
Matilda I thought it was just for the famous and to much linked to the film but it's going to be our girls name for this second one if it's a missy :).

I'm toying with Oakley but need to get OH on my side with that and I think it's becoming to common in my area now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->