Mother hates the baby girl name I picked out!

I love the name Olive. I think it's cute, unique, and original. My fiance and I considered Zoe Olive awhile back. My mom's friends granddaughter is named Olive and she's so cute and full of personality. I like Sidney second best, but Olive's top. Jakob is one of my favorite boy names ever! So, I'm picking that for boy. Do NOT like Gunner.

I LOVE Olive!! I think your mum is being mean by trying to peer pressure you. What I would do is say well we were thinking of naming her "Olive" or.... and then list 5 names that are terrible say like Fanny, Gertie, Virginia, Gene, Bev (sorry to anyone that likes these names) and then she will see how beautiful the name Olive is!

a great idea but make sure its names the mother hates... some of those arnt too bad, id end up going

Virginia (quite unique and i kind of like it)
Gene (a classic)
Olive (but id use Liv)
Bev (short for Beverly)
Gertie
fanny

none of them would be my first choice of name but only the last two are really silly

I love Olive... Or Liv for short. I think you should stick to your original guns. I don't really like Sidney or Levi.

Olive makes me think of Popeyes girlfriend too! I do really like it though. It's up there with Grace, Rose, Lily - all old fashioned names that have come back into fashion-albeit Olive isn't quite as popular.

I adore the name Olive! By far the nicest on your list! My mum and dad hated our chosen girl's name (Willow, I hate it now, ironically) and when we had a boy in the end, my mum was disappointed cos she said she'd grown to love the name Willow :dohh:

Its so hard to choose a name that this person is going to carry around forever!! I like a name and then i think about it and think about it and then hate it. I didnt name my DD Jordyn until they handed me the paperwork for her birth certificate. I was just calling her Bean. Shes going to be 5 now and everyone still calls her Bean lol

Its so hard to choose a name that this person is going to carry around forever!! I like a name and then i think about it and think about it and then hate it. I didnt name my DD Jordyn until they handed me the paperwork for her birth certificate. I was just calling her Bean. Shes going to be 5 now and everyone still calls her Bean lol

didnt kurt cobain and courtney love call there kid bean?

olive was my first choice name for a girl until I got pregnant bizarrely enough...anyway, i still love it!!! you get a big fat thumbs up from me on this one! :thumbup:

Personally, I think Olivia is pretty and feminine, but Olive is... not. I associate Olivia with the character from L&O:SVU (played by Mariska Hargitay - _beautiful_ woman!), but maybe that's just my US influence talking.

Here in the US, I know 3 Levi's under 2, all boys. Let's keep it as a boy's name for now until they all turn unisex in a decade or two (like Taylor, Jordan, etc).

Just my humble opinions. But really, name your baby what you want!

I like Olive. I had an Aunt Olive and I always thought her name was so unique. I can think of an adorable little girl named Olive and a teen and a grown woman. It's a lovely name.

Definitely Levi for the boy!

I love the name Olive. I think it's a pretty name that ages well. It was on my list (for years!) until my sister named my new niece Olivia.

Oh, and in case I wasn't clear before -- I do like your names! Only you can pick what suits your family, your children, your lifestyle, your culture. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->