Mother shoots and kills intruder to save her baby

channy3232

Reaction score
Omg read this article. As if the poor girl hadn't been through enough. I would have done the same thing, except I don't own a gun lol
https://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=15285605

Wow!
Poor girl tho, glad her as her son are ok

She's right there is nothing more dangerous than a woman protecting her child. I would shoot ever last person on earth if they posed a threat to my babies. Poor poor girl :cry:

Poor woman having to deal with all this. I would have done the same thing.

Blimey, I don't blame her at all, never cross a women who has a child.

Gosh, she had her fair share of pain.

I would have shot someone who tried to get in too...poor woman.

No doubt too he knew she had a gun and would of told them she was happy to shoot too...he shouldn't have tried to call her bluff!

Wow! As if she hadn't gone through enough. Losing her husband to cancer on CHRISTMAS DAY :nope:

Glad her & her LO are okay x

I had seen that article earlier and it broke my heart. I'm so sorry for the loss of her husband and it is just unbelievable that someone would do that to another person. I'm glad she owned a gun so that she could rightfully protect her son and herself. It is a good thing the guy was killed because he would have gotten a slap on the hand if he was only wounded. I hope 2012 is much better to her.

What I want to know is, why was she on the phone to 911 for 21 minutes and no police turned up? She made the right decision, but she should never have had to make it, or live with it for the rest of her life.

They said the guy first showed up on the day of her husband's funeral. She lives out in the middle of nowhere according to the interview with her that I saw today. So it wouldn't seem like this guy was a neighbor or something and just dropped by to say hi like he said. I wonder if he wasn't one of those creeps that trolls obituaries and robs peoples houses while they're at their loved ones funeral. She wouldn't let him in so he came back and that's when she shot him.

I looked it up, and her house is a 12 minute drive from the police department in her town. So I still don't understand why she was on the phone to 911 for 21 minutes and there were no police present. She should never have had to go through that but I commend her for saving herself and her baby. There is nothing more dangerous than a mother with a baby IMO.

Also, according to one article she'd seen him in months previous too and he's been stalking her.

Her address was listed here:

https://newsok.com/blanchard-woman-shoots-kills-intruder/article/3636876

Power to her. Shame on the police for taking so long.

I would do exactly the same! Only I don't think you'd get away with it in England..

I would do exactly the same! Only I don't think you'd get away with it in England..

^^ This

In England, you would probably be arrested!

There was a farmer who got repeatedly vandalized & robbed by the same group of lads. The Police did nothing about it. In the end he shot two. One died, one was injured & he was jailed for it. The injured lad, I believe, was awarded £100k in damages as he wouldn't be able to work again (despite the fact he had never worked a day in his life).

She's a brave, strong woman, and I would've done the same thing. Shame on the police for not getting to her house in that 21 minutes.

^^ This

I would probably still kill anyone who broke into my house. I'd take the chance of being in prison but my child safe over maybe not doing anything and something happening to me and my child.

^^ This

I would probably still kill anyone who broke into my house. I'd take the chance of being in prison but my child safe over maybe not doing anything and something happening to me and my child.

Oh yeah, absolutely! I never said I wouldn't kill anyone who threatened the safety of my children! I don't own a gun, but my kitchen is full of sharp knives :)

I was just mentioning the difference in laws.

OMG the poor girl..................of course in that situation you do what you need to to protect yourself and you kids but here in England having a gun isnt a common thing would probably have to be a kitchen knife!!!!

in england if there is an intruder in your property then you can do what you need to do to protect yourself. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->