Mother shoots and kills intruder to save her baby

In Britain you are allowed one hit, if the person is coming towards you, you can make one attack on them for free, but if you continue to attack, or attack as they try to escape, you will be charged

My friends BIL's house was being robbed when he and his GF were sleeping, and he woke up, grabbed his BB gun and went looking for the robber, he saw the robber heading into the kitchen and shot him from behind. He got three years because the robber wasn't actually posing a threat to him (yet) xx

Wow what a strong woman. I would've done the same hands down, hope her and lo are okay xx

Poor woman, I would have done the same (if I had a gun).

will she get done for this though? people have been done for protecting their home and selves in the past. I hope not this to me is self defence. No one should be in her home and you should have the right to protect you and yours. I would have done the same. I worry that if someone breaks in my house the dogs will actually tear them apart and my dog will get put down or something. She is trained to protect and very protective she is to.

What a horrible situation to be in. I can't blame her for doing it though. I know I would of done!

im glad she did to be honest! Hope she and her LO are doing okay x

Wow. All that happened to her :nope: I totally agree with her though; I would do anythign in the world to protect my daughter; it's amazing how your priorities change when you have a child to protect.

I worry that if someone breaks in my house the dogs will actually tear them apart and my dog will get put down or something. She is trained to protect and very protective she is to.
That irritates me so much. I don't get how someone can break into a house, get attacked by a dog who is merely protecting their family and their territory, and then the dog gets put to sleep because it's "dangerous" :growlmad:

Poor woman, as if she hasnt been through enough!

I'm glad she shot him, she was protecting herself and the LO. I can image that I would do the exact same when I have children.

Scarred for life probably. My prayers go out to the baby and her.

The district attorney has stated she will not be charged as she called 911 first and she was defending herself. There was an article that said the intruder had a knife as well.

Good on her! I would do the same! I hope there is a police investigation though as to why it took them so long to get to her!

She won't be charged, I think in some states if the owner refuses you entry to their home and you come in anyway (breaking in, forcing your way in, etc) esp when armed, you are within your rights to defend yourself with fatal force.

And the article I read about said there are only 3 officers in that county responsible for quite a large area, because there's no big cities or anything around and it's essentially in the middle of nowhere.

I saw this on TV but, they didn't say that her husband had died of cancer! I don't blame her for what she did, I would of done the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->