Mothercare closing down?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
2 of the Mothercare's in my local aread have closed down and ive heard a few people mention that a lot more will be closing too!!

Has anyone else heard this or heard of any being closed? Im curious about this now .. wondering if its a rumour of what? :hissy:

It's the first I've heard, I just got their latest catalogue today! Maybe they're moving to more online stuff?

I used to work in Mothercare in Windsor PoloPrincess!!

Funnily enough, that one closed down too as we werent doing so well :cry:
but the one in my local town is still open-we went in there just this morning.

Hopefully its just a one~off? Maybe Ill google it :D xx

Maybe their just phasing out the ones that arent doing so well and putting their efforts into the ones that are doing well!!

I like mothercare for a bit of Sunday shopping lol!!

First I've heard too. Have you googled about it? They're probably suffering the same problems as all the other shops are at the moment but we will always need baby things!

my brother a manager in one of the early learning centres which is owned by mothercare (hense why i have a mothercare discount card 20% off!:happydance:) and he hasnt said anything about them closing.

My local mothercare is a big superstore and a while ago the local paper said that they were struggling and that it would be down sizing the store and there would be quite a lot of job loses.

It hasn't happened yet though.

we have a big mothercare too.... at a retail park rather than in the town centre!! It used to be in town centre but moved to a bigger site!! that was only about 18 months ago :)

I havnt heard anything either , they better not take it away wont be too happy!! :gun:

Mine closed too. Maybe going for more central towns and that's it?

We just got a new mothercare at our new retail park.... plus mothercare world in Canterbury having a revamp i think...

hope it doesnt close i love mothercare (even before i was preggers)

xx

I doubt they will as baby stuff will always be in demand x

I haven't heard anything!

My Mothercare as just had a re-vamp in the last month & taken on new staff so doubt it's closing. Well I hope not!!

Was at our bigger mothercare in Northampton on Saturday, and it seems ot be going well, they had a fun day with fifi and then face painting etc, it has now opened a ELC department section in it!

Am i the only person who wouldn't miss mothercare if they shut down?!

keely.

Am i the only person who wouldn't miss mothercare if they shut down?!

keely.

probably :rofl:

I wouldnt know where else to go....

boots?? new look have nice stuff but not much!!!

In my eyes next and mamas and papas are too expensive!!

Kingston and Bedford closed their stores. Although the one in Kingston is re-opening (may be opening as the Early Learning Center instead, not sure!), I also have noticed they're all closing!!!

:(

we've had a few of the smaller ones in the county close down but the big ones r still here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->