Mothercare closing down?

Interesting how there are actually quite a few closing down!!

Kingston and Bedford closed their stores. Although the one in Kingston is re-opening (may be opening as the Early Learning Center instead, not sure!), I also have noticed they're all closing!!!

:(

I went past mine today and noticed an early learning centre sign has been added to the mothercare sign

I love the clothes in mothercare i really hope they dont shut the one down by me its not a very big store :(

I hope they don't close down. We've got a really lovely superstore in a retail park near here, and it's quite new. Maybe they're concentrating more on their superstores and shutting down some of the smaller high street stores.
xx

Our's has closed down in Wigan. Heard rumours they weren't doing so well, so they closed. There isnt one in Leigh, but there's one still open in Bolton. It's an hours bus ride to get to it though, So I'd rather order online.

8)

Loads of Adams stores have closed down near me...no Mothercare closing as yet

Just thought i'd add this link: https://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/retailing/article4348773.ece

I was getting concerned about them closing - i havnt got my pram yet ( only cause its on order and not paid for yet!!) x

Not heard anything but will pop into mothercare later and ask Jane (manager)

Kingston and Bedford closed their stores. Although the one in Kingston is re-opening (may be opening as the Early Learning Center instead, not sure!), I also have noticed they're all closing!!!

:(

the ELC and mother care are combining in kingston

ELC in Portsmouth just closed down, maybe they will combine with the Mothercare..?

HI, Im up in Aberdeen and our ELC has just in the past month been combined with our mothercare, so fingers crossed thats a sign that mothercare here will be staying open, hope so.....:)

:hug:

Around here we have 2 large (3 if you want to travel to Beckton) Mothercare stores, they closed all the in town one's and concerntrated more on the superstores. I don't think they are closing as a company, but i do think they are downsizing to cut possible losses.

i think the online store is doing wonderfully and with less overheads will be around for a long while

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->