Mothercare returns policy changed - FYI

Mum2BKW

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I bought a pack of sleepsuits from Mothercare yesterday and was advised that their returns policy has changed in the last week.

They now won't refund or exchange any item (unless faulty) after 28 days. At all. They will only refund/exchange within this time if you have the receipt.

I was surprised as I imagine most Mums-to-be will be buying things more than 1 month in advance if baby comes, and what if someone gets you another as a gift or you buy something that you later want to exchange for a different size etc?

Anyway, thought I'd let everyone here know :)

That is annoying. Especially if you buy new born and end up with a big baby. To be honest their prices are getting higher so I won't be buying much from them

You would think that's company that caters for pregnant women and babies would realise that not every purchase is made within 28 days of using it!! Most people have baby showers at about 34 weeks so that's a long time before baby is born especially if you are staying yellow and your bubs is 2 weeks late :(

I only really shop their sales as I think the price is to much for the quality when it's full price.

That's annoying, but I took everything out of the packets to wash it last time so I couldn't have returned them.

Thanks for letting us know tho x

I'm glad I got a gift card now from work and not clothes as would be screwed if they had got clothes.

In addition to the rude staff member I encountered last time I was in Mothercare - this is just another reason for me not to shop there anymore!

Thanks for letting us know xxx

Mother care in Australia has gone into administration. I think the UK parent company is not doing brilliantly, maybe that's why.

I think I remember it saying this on the receipt last time I went in which was a few weeks ago now. Also there were some ladies bringing back a swing that had been recalled, it was obvious they bought it from mothercare as it was their own brand, they had bought it a few months ago but not kept the receipt and the mothercare till staff said to them they would not get a refund nor would they get store credit. That seemed really 'off' to me :( xx

stick to John Lewis - they have a return at any time ever policy with receipt - even months later.

i have bought one boy and one girl outfit and plan on changing one once baby arrives!

That's annoying, but I took everything out of the packets to wash it last time so I couldn't have returned them.

Thanks for letting us know tho x

Same here :thumbup: Nothing returnable now for me.

But really handy to know for the coming few weeks. Thanks OP :flower:

I bought a pushchair very early on in the pregnancy and changed my mind recently :lol: mothercare were great, I didn't have a receipt but I had my bank statement, they didn't refund me but they did offer exchange which was fine as the pram I did want was in stock at their store anyway - and they price matched too!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"