Mother's instinct - physical or psychic link?

Elanesse

Reaction score
I have heard so many stories of women saying 'I knew I was going to have a boy/girl right from the start, I just knew it'. Now obviously there is a 50/50 chance of getting it right anyway, but lets just say there was something more to it than pure chance... Do these mummys know what they are having because of some thing physical, for example, they have a certain hormone level that their body taps into to read what gender baby they are having? Or is it something deeper than that, a spiritual or psychic link that continues even after the baby is born?

I ask because I get the feeling I am having a boy. Part of me wonders if that is just because I have listened to the old wives tales and applied them to my pregnancy, or because I actually get the feeling from within (if that makes sense). :shrug:

Does anyone else think that mothers may have a psychic/spiritual bond with their children? x

Both for myself. I knew the moment I conceived, and I knew the moment she would be a girl. I also knew when smething was wrong in my utero and I was right. Instinct is both.

I knew I was having a girl from very early into the pregnancy, even though wive's tales and people around me all said boy (except for my own mum). I also knew the night before I went into labour that I was going to be having my baby really soon.

Even when I conceived... I knew I was going to get pregnant from 'that time' iykwim... I just tried to put it off to worrying kind of (I was 18 when I got pregnant, a student etc)

It's intuition, we can sense the gender and we can sense when something is wrong. Personally, I feel the more the mother is in tune with herself and the world around her the stronger her intuition, or gut feeling, is. No doubt though, there is definitely something mystical about it. I knew I was having a boy and I knew, when I was in labor and under an epidural, that something was wrong before the nurse came in and they lost my LO's heartbeat (which they found with the internal monitor). It's a strong ability and it allows for my LO and I to share a deep bond that probably no one on Earth with truly understand, unless they've experienced it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->