Mouse bite on finger

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
My cat caught a wild mouse, and being the animal lover and as I had the boys watching me I had to "rescue" the mouse. So I picked it up (STUPID IDEA) and the ungrateful sod bit my finger :( held on for a good few seconds, then let go so I hastily put it down. It broke the skin and is now a bit sore, but not a lot. Would you just clean it (I have already) and leave it alone?

Cheers! :flower:

Just clean it and keep an eye on it. I'm sure it will be fine but if there's any sign of infection in the next couple of days make a doctors appointment. If it's infected the area will be red and hot.
I've had to save mice like this before (from my mums cat), you can gently pick them up by the loose skin on the back of their neck. It wont hurt them and they cant bite you.

Just clean it and keep an eye on it. I'm sure it will be fine but if there's any sign of infection in the next couple of days make a doctors appointment. If it's infected the area will be red and hot.
I've had to save mice like this before (from my mums cat), you can gently pick them up by the loose skin on the back of their neck. It wont hurt them and they cant bite you.

Thank you! I was clueless on what to do with it as as it was soooo cute I didnt think it would bite me :dohh: Lesson learnt! Finger seems ok now, will see what its like in the morning. x

If you are up to date with your tetanus shot then just clean it. If not then maybe call a nurse line and ask if you need a booster.

Keep it clean and check if your tetanus boosters are up to date. I got bit by a mouse years ago, was also rescuing it from my cat, I had to have a tetanus jab.

Mice can also (briefly) be lifted by pinching the base of their tail. You can then dangle upside down for ye few seconds you need to transfer it to the box. For next time! :haha:

Oh god i hope there isnt a next time! Haha! It seems ok now, just feel sorry for the mouse and my cat being an excellent hunter apparently. The neighbours downstairs had left some rubbish in a bag outside near where the mouse was, which might have initially attracted them. Will sort in morning and hopefully they will bugger off. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->