Mouth Ulsers!

L

lepaskilf

Anyone else suffer from mouth ulsers? I have 14 in my mouth at the moment!!!! 17 is the most I've ever had in one time. They last for about a week and a half and are soooo painful!!!

They usually appear just before my period, I suppose it's a hormone imbalance, and I use Oralgel and Anbesol on them.

Does anyone else suffer? What do you use? And does anyone know of a natural way to prevent them? Maybe diet wise?

Thank you :o)

Also posted in the natural parenting thread x

I don't get them regularly but I have had them 3 or 4 times in my life and each time my mouth was PAINFULLY full of them. Each time I got them it was after being very ill when I wasn't taking care of myself and my immune system was hurting. I know how awful they feel! It hurts to eat and even swallow. I lost 18 lbs the last time I had them. It was years ago though. They usually go away in about 2 weeks and almost nothing helps. I got painkiller from my doctors and tried not to eat anything acidic or anything. Thare are mothwashes like magic mouthrinse and peroxyl that will clean them out and hopefully help them heal faster. Orajel will help for a bit but the pain will just come back. I used to rinse my mouth with benadryl and milk of magnesia mixed together. DOn't swallow it though. That's all the advice I have. You get them often? Have you spoken to your doctor? Are you prone to yeast infections because I heard women who get a lot of yeast infections get thrush and mouth ulcers.Good luck!

I feel your pain as I get ulcers ALL the time, although I find that stress brings them as well as if I've had a particularly bad diet one week (lack of fruit mostly!)

I recommend Bonjela, but the one that comes in a little bottle (I think it's called Bonjela Complete Plus or something), it tastes GROSS! But you put it straight on the ulcer and it sort of dries on so you don't need to keep applying it. It stings a little at first but when it gets working it feels amazing and lasts for ages :thumbup:

Hope this helps! :flower:

I think they are definitely connected to hormones bc I have been getting a few small ones right around ovulation lately. Plus, I have been trying to eat more fruit and I think the citrus-type fruits like oranges, grapefruits, and even pineapples can cause these and/or make them worse.

The only home remedy I know is to wash your mouth out with warm salt water for a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->