• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

move baby so i can have a home birth!!

yogalover

pregnant third trimester
Reaction score
Hey all any advice would be greatly appreciated.Im now 37 weeks pregnant and decided a month ago that i want a home/water birth.Ive seen my midwife 3 times since,One time baby was breech then head down then breech again.I have a positioning scan on tuesday to see where baby is.My midwife said if baby stays breech that i need a c section im really angry about this because from what i hear they should offer to move the baby!! maybe i need to put my foot down i just wondered if anyone has had a similiar experience?
thanks
xx

I had a situation and my LO turns at about 36wks. Had he stayed breech I would have been advised to either have a c section or a hospital vaginal delivery.....ADVISED not TOLD. No one can MAKE you do anything. You cant be pinned down an the child ripped from your belly! You can talk to them about a vaginal breech delivery and in the meantime check this site for tips on encouraging your LO to head for the exit!

https://spinningbabies.com/

That was a really interesting read but now im worried my baby will be back to back as I have anterior placenta this time. I was hoping this birth would be as easy if not easier than my first and I cant get my head around the whole locating what bit of baby is where and even MW have problems trying to establish how baby was laid at my 28 week appointment. Oh gosh, now im gunna worry.....:wacko:

I get movement at the top of my bump which feels like a hard lump but I cant define whether its a bum or a head, i also get lumps poking out now and again and often get jabs to the pelvis but i cant establish if they are feet or hands...Guess i'm gunna have to hope MW has a better idea next week...

MO1+1 - I've had 2 anterior placenta's and 2 back to back babies and 2 normal vaginal deliveries and 1 at home as planned. B2B is nothing to worry about....it's just another variation of 'normal' :winkwink:

Thank you Merv's Mun, thats exactly what i needed to hear. I can now hopefully sleep tonight instead of worrying lol. Thank you xx

I have an anterior placenta and my baby isn't back to back (well most of the time). It's favorite position is ROA. How it eventually decides to come out remains to be seen!
I'd say the farther along you are the better of an idea you'll have as to how the baby is positioned.

MW had no idea where baby was laid at my 28 wk appointment but with DD they had been telling me her position from 21weeks. Im hoping she can tell me next week when I go again. Thank you for that bky, it's good to hear. Hope baby decided its time to shift for you real soon hun xx

Ooops, we've hijacked poor yogalover's thread here....sorry hun.

Hope baby moves for you and you get the birth you want :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"