movement question-bit worried.

minnie10

Mummy to 1 , wtt#2
Reaction score
Im 29 wks pg today. Last week i was getting lots of movement and big kicks especially up near my ribcage.mw had said on thurs baby was head down. Yesterday it felt as if baby wasnt moving as much. I was quite active myself yesterday bt did feel baby move a few times. Yesterday evening i monitored babys movements over 3 separate 1 hour sessions. I lay down or was sitting and got over the recommend 10 kicks per hour each time. Dh was out last night. When he came home baby must of recognised his voice as it gave me a big kick when he started talking. I needed the bathroom early this morning and i felt baby kicking when i got back into bed. Have felt baby move few times since i got up.

Last week the kicks where really strong.from yesterday they are not as powerful.so far today ive had tiny kicks and only 1 strong kick,although im wondering if baby has moved from the head down position as kicks now seem to be at the sides or bottom of my stomach whereas last week they where up at my ribcage.

Should i be worried or is this normal as baby is getting bigger and running out of room? I had my 28mw appointment on thurs&everything was ok.baby was head down,hb was normal.i was measuring 29wks(i was 28+4)mw said that was ok.i did have a little protein/blood in my urine mw said i probably have a uti so sample has been sent away to lab.i have had sore head frm yesterday bt i can be prone to these.

babies can be very active one day then have a few days of rest as long as your still feeling him/her move then everything should be good. Mine right now has been more active than ever (that i could feel) in my whole pregnancy they have very active days and more quite days. Also rather they are facing your front or back makes a difference i think

Thanks i was getting bit worried as this wee one is usually v active and movements didnt seem as strong. Its moved 3 times while writing this post lol

you will start to learn his/her pattern and know when to watch for movement with this one she was always really active at night so i knew that is when i needed to feel for movement. One good way to get baby to move if you just need something to feel better is go for a 20min brisk walk then drink a full glass of cold water then lay down on your side

I have actually realized baby doesnt "kick" as much. But makes bigger movements all the time. Flips, rolls, etc. She doesnt have much room to kick anymore.

I thought i had worked out a movement pattern it always used to kick alot between 10/11pm now it seems to have changed to moving more in the afternoon:dohh:

well they do change lol good luck i know its hard not to worry. I hear women saying all the time "i can't wait till he/she gets here so i don't have to worry" well i have a 5 year old a 4 year old an 18 month old and this one and you never stop worrying i think that is part of being a mom :)

I always think its best to be safe than sorry and call them if things feel wrong to you call. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->