Movement sensor alarm keeps going off

lau86

Reaction score
Because she keeps rolling round the cot and it doesn't realise she is breathing! It wakes her up and she's hard to settle. I guess I should take it away but I do like having it. What do people do?

Does it just have one sensor pad? I prefer the ones with 2 so you can space them out and she should be on at least one of them mould you get one with 2 pads? Or add one to your current system?

The monitors we tried were horrible. Kept going off when she was fine and it honestly wasn't worth trying to get her back to sleep. Once she was older (like when she could roll both ways) I was comfortable with having a video monitor so I could see her breathing. Probably why I haven't had a single good nights rest! I keep waking and looking at the monitor.

I had a sensor monitor with my second and after it went off a few times I stopped using it.

For us it was not worth it. Even with it on I still couldn't completely relax till he was older.

We stopped using the sensor pad around the age your LG is now, as she kept moving off it.

Try Owlet if you can. I hear it's amazing and it even shows you the babys stats.

Try Owlet if you can. I hear it's amazing and it even shows you the babys stats.

Had no idea what this was, had a Google- $249?! Wow :shock:

NOT worth it! We bought one as DD refused to sleep anywhere but her belly and I needed a good monitor on her if she was going to sleep that way at night. It's horrible. The idea is good, but not the implimentation. Whenever the baby moves it doesn't give a reading. So if your baby is flailing around because they can't breathe and are suffocating or choking it won't give a reading.....it also is very glitchy and would go off when I was looking at DD and she was perfectly fine. Not worth the money. While the idea is good I think they released it too early. I think it needs way more testing.

I never had a sensor pad just a very good video monitor

Video monitors are great. For me though I would use both a sensor and a monitor since I have preemies. There is a lot that video monitors can't tell you. I'm probably going to get the owlet anyway because I'd rather experience things for myself. Plus having a video monitor I can hear if she's choking. I'm much more concerned with the silent moments which an owlet will help with.

Snuza hero? Clips onto their nappy.

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/ba...e:MCF:mobile&gclid=CIPzzcDQ7s4CFUI_Gwodb8EN2A

We only found out about these when DS was about a year so have only had the video monitor, will get one of these next time though.

I loved the Snuza, but it doesn't do much good once they are rolling over and moving all over the crib. The vast majority of SIDS cases happen before six months, but I understand the worry... We have a video monitor, too, and I would literally not be able to sleep without it.

I'm considering disconnecting Gracie's now, she's 10.5m. It went off twice Las night.

Try moving it to the centre of the cot and changing the sensitivity. We are doing that tomorrow to see if it helps!

Snuza hero? Clips onto their nappy.

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/ba...e:MCF:mobile&gclid=CIPzzcDQ7s4CFUI_Gwodb8EN2A

We only found out about these when DS was about a year so have only had the video monitor, will get one of these next time though.

You can still use Snuza hun! I second third fourth and fifth the snuza! I bought one when ds3 was 11 months old and he hated it.. but after him being diagnosed with Sleep Apnoea I tried it again. he now happily wears it!

He is now 21 months old and still wears his snuza until we get his sleep apnoea resolved (going for surgery this month hopefully). It doesnt matter how much he rolls and fidgets it still works and has never once given us a false alarm. I love the security it gives us in that it clicks with every breath taken, buzzes to arouse him and lets me know in the morning if hes needed rousing (or alarms if it happens more than 3 times) it will also alarm if his breathing is too slow. The alarm is nice and loud so we have no issue hearing it even through his sleep bag (granted his cot is still at the bottom of my bed for his safety and for my peace of mind). Its the best money i have ever spent. x

I'm torn to be honest. I don't think it's really necessary as she's a healthy baby and sometimes it causes anxiety more than helps it. I need a think really

I think if your ready for no alarm hun then just take the mat away and dont get anything else :) I never had alarms for my other two at all xx

I'm torn to be honest. I don't think it's really necessary as she's a healthy baby and sometimes it causes anxiety more than helps it. I need a think really

I feel the exact same. I'm going to reposition the pad tonight and see how we get on. She sleeps face down and on her stomach (obviously we put her down on her back) so it does worry me! I guess cot death is relatively rare, especially in older babies like ours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->