Movement

AmberR

Reaction score
I'm sure there are some who are feeling movement already, but is there anyone who isn't? This is my first and I'm anxiously waiting to feel what I can pick up as actual baby movement! My midwife said since it's my first pregnancy I probably won't feel it until after 20 weeks. If you have been feeling it, can you describe what it feels like? And when did you first feel it? Thanks!!

To start with it felt like bubbles popping down by my pubic bone very few and far between. Now it feels kinda like someone flicking but on the inside and a bit further up now too.
It’s hard to describe but no doubt you will feel it soon! Everyone is completely different :)

I didn't feel my first until after my 20 week appointment. It won't be much longer!

Thanks ladies, I hope I don't have to wait much longer :)

I was the gestation you are now when I had first kicks with my second (though I had flutters from 13 weeks) but with my first they were from 17 weeks. It really differs with every pregnancy! Early kicks feel like little prods/pops and flutters felt like a marble rolling against the inside of my belly.

it kind of feels like popcorn popping I think :p

With my first I didnt feel a thing until around 22 weeks and I was getting to the point that I thought something was very wrong but it just turned out that the placenta was in the way!

This time Ive been feeling movement for about a week or so - I'm 15 weeks now but its only little bits like when I lay on the sofa at night or I'm not busy at work - I think its because I've felt it before I know what it is. When I had an early scan they did say that the placenta was forming low so I suspect its in a different place this time!

It's difficult to tell whats gas and what's baby with your first! Second time, I knew the pops that I'd get right in the centre in a certain spot was baby, quite early on too.
I've felt some stretches and prods, but even sometimes some gas can feel a little the same so it's still questionable if I am quite bloated that day!

I used a doppler and can hear the movement, sometimes hearing the movement can help you know that that little pop you felt, was infact baby and not gas! It sounds like a wobble type of sound on a doppler. Bit like getting a sheet of card and wobbling it to make a thunder type noise? I'm trying not to use a doppler too much though as I don't want to rely on it and over use it. But it's nice to use a few times just to experience hearing what goes on in there!

Maybe drink some nice cold water and lay down with no distractions? You might feel something then :)

Also it totally depends on where placenta is, as that an cushion some movements, and whatever way the baby is facing!

I’m not yet but still quite early however, it is my4th. Last pregnancy I had an anterior placenta so didn’t feel movements until I think it was 21 weeks.

I think I started feeling a little something today, but it might be my mind plating tricks on me! It felt like no gas I've ever felt before :haha: kind of like fluttering feeling. I also felt a couple taps or pops but couldn't tell for sure if it was gas or not. Here's to hoping I start feeling more soon!

The best way I could describe it to my husband was by comparing it to a twitchy eye, but down near my pubic bone :haha:
Then it progressed to definitive taps, and pokes. Followed by rolling that felt like a little alien on the inside! Now she kicks me so hard my stomach jumps about, or she kicks my phone etc.
You'll know it when you feel it because it'll increase in strength and pattern :)

What I have been feeling so far is almost like a buzzing feeling. It's very strange and not like anything I've ever felt before, so must be baby! And it's very low down in my pelvis. I've also been feeling this heavy feeling down there, like I can definitely feel my uterus when I bend over, it's all so strange to me, but I love it!

I’m not yet but still quite early however, it is my4th. Last pregnancy I had an anterior placenta so didn’t feel movements until I think it was 21 weeks.

This one is also anterior as confirmed at gender scan!

I just felt her for sure today (17+3) when my lap desk was sitting on my uterus. I felt two little bumps against it. She didn't like the pressure, apparently!

The best way I could describe it to my husband was by comparing it to a twitchy eye, but down near my pubic bone :haha:
Then it progressed to definitive taps, and pokes. Followed by rolling that felt like a little alien on the inside! Now she kicks me so hard my stomach jumps about, or she kicks my phone etc.
You'll know it when you feel it because it'll increase in strength and pattern :)

Yes someone else who it feels like a twitch! That was what i kept feeling at first and i was like is it baby or just a twitch in a weird spot ive never noticed before! Hahah. Then i found out i have an anterior placenta at my 19wk anomoly scan which explained not feeling much but from the day after the scan i have felt movement every single day! Lots of little kicks that feel like prods. Cant feel them on the outside cause the cheeky thing stops every time i put my hand there haha! But last night i could see the kicks and even my husband got to see one! At my midwife appt last week i could even feel it keep kicking her doppler really hard!

Greenarcher you may have an anterior placenta which would explain not feeling a whole lot of movement but even if so it shouldnt take too much longer to start feeling regular movement! Glad you got to experience some definite kicks now though! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->