Movements and Kicks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by BuxtonKerry, Apr 17, 2009.

1. BuxtonKerry

BuxtonKerry Breastfeedin teen mum xx

:shrug:
    Got a question 4 you all.. Im currently 18 weeks+ 4 days and feeling my baby kick/move every day at least 6 or 7 times. The other night babs started kicking me really hard and I asked my partner to put his hand on my belly and see if he could feel it.. and the strange thing is.... he could! He nodded every time he felt it so I knew he wasnt makingf it up or something. Im delighted that he can feel it, but Im just wondering how early your partners could feel your little one and is my partner feeling this because I was quite thin before pregnancy or because my babys a karate kid?!!? lol xxx​

2. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

Why the thumbs down hon?? I think it's great he felt it. Mine felt it too about the same time and he/she hasn't stopped since just gets stronger and stronger!!! Oh and I'm quite fat so not sure that makes much difference :rofl:

3. tillymum

tillymum New mom

I felt first kicks at 17wks and my DH felt could feel the strong kicks at 18 wks too! It's amazing to think they can feel it so early.
    I'm slim..ish well at least I was before this! I just think it has to do with how baby is positioned.

4. BuxtonKerry

BuxtonKerry Breastfeedin teen mum xx

thanx lol.. dint knw i put thumbs dwn :-D oops! Thanx very much, really does help havin people on here that understand everything ur goin thru xxxxx

5. Samemka

Samemka Mummy of 2 girlies

I think my OH could feel bubs at about 22 weeks. It's lovely now when she kicks cos he can feel her all the time :)

6. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

DH loves feeling it do the tiny moves, not the kicks but the general movement. He calls is squiggling!!! Like an alien under my skin hehehehe :rofl:

7. highlandlassi

highlandlassi pregnant with twins

i am jealous. i am almost 18 weeks and feel some comotion in there but not good kicks. cant wait til my oh can feel it too

8. bjl1981

bjl1981 Well-Known Member

I could feel kicks from 19 weeks, and then my DH could feel them from 22 weeks, only the strong kicks though!

9. MummyBurgo

MummyBurgo I love my boys x

My hubby felt movement at 16weeks

10. Babydance

Babydance Well-Known Member

My DH went away for 2 weeks the day i turned 18 weeks, i was lying in bed that night and felt her kick my hand. Very surreal but was sad DH couldnt be there when he got back when i was 20 weeks he could feel her and she hasnt stopped since! :D xxx

11. LMH

LMH Mum to Alex+angel Daniel

My OH felt movement for the first time on Monday when I was dead on 19 weeks, but he could only feel the top baby move, he couldn't feel the bottom one move. But as the week has gone on the movements have become more regular and stronger so I reckon it won't be to much longer before he feels the other one. Especially as I swear they had a fight yesterday and were kicking or punching one another and if they weren't fighting then they were having a party!

12. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

I felt the first kicks at 22 weeks and within a day my DH felt them too! Now I can see the kicks from the outside and I'm 24 weeks.