Movements..

lhill630

Reaction score
This is my 2nd pregnancy, and I'm sitting here watching/feeling LO move. I just watched his foot move across my belly. It is seriously the coolest thing ever, and I am going to miss it when I'm not pregnant anymore! It still amazes me! My DH said, "does it feel like gas?" I said, "No, it feels like there is something alive in my belly!" haha Sorry, this post is pointless, It just amazes me. :cloud9:

I know!! I love it too, and it's bittersweet this time because I know this is our last baby and I will never get to go through it again

My MFM and I were discussing how we find it unbelievable that some people don't know they are pregnant when they go into labor. How can you not notice something kicking you from the inside and rolling around your belly? She said she had a patient once that refused to believe she was pregnant even after being referred to her because they thought they saw an abnormality at the regular OB, so it was her second U/S and she still said it wasn't her baby! Sometimes the boys have me confused about what they are doing because it just feels weird, not really a kick, but not quite a roll either.

Is it bad i don't believe women who give birth at 40 weeks and not know? lol

Is it bad i don't believe women who give birth at 40 weeks and not know? lol

I'm thinking it's more denial than truly not knowing. Just like the lady that could clearly see on TWO U/S that there was a baby in there and told them she was just seeing a movie and not a baby inside of her. I knew I was pregnant with my daughter at probably 4 weeks and I wasn't even expecting to be then!

It's so amazing, isn't it? I was told I'd never get pregnant so to be sat here with my little girl swishing and swooping inside is just out of this world! Even when she jabs me in the hips and ribs!

And yes, I really don't understand how people can't know they're not pregnant! It's such an obvious feeling!

We did have a patient at my office who went to the urgent care for stomach pain and found out she was 27 weeks pregnant. She has two other kids who are 19 and 15 and had to have fertility treatments for them, so she just didn't know she could even get pregnant. She also is a larger lady, at least 300 pounds so that may have had something to do with it. But she ended up having the baby at 37 weeks - its like the shortest pregnancy ever!

Do bigger women not feel the baby moving? Im actually somewhat curious?

I don't know tbh. She couldn't tell from the outside that her stomach was any bigger though. She says she didn't notice any movements though.

Omg! A friend of mine JUST had a baby and didn't know she was pregnant. Went to the doctor the week before she had her 7 lb baby girl, and they told her she was 14 weeks. (assuming they didn't do an u/s), and then the next week she went into labor. I don't get it!! Both of my boys literally swim around in there. Plus, my bladder twinges with every move!

I can honestly say she didn't look pregnant... so weird. I, on the other hand, look like a giant beluga whale!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->