Movements..

BeautifulD

Mum to 3 and TTC #4
Reaction score
Thoughts ladies...*
bubs has been quiet the past few days. I thought it was just cos I've been busy the past few days getting everything ready for her.*

I noticed last night that she wasn't having her normal kick around after dinner so had something sweet still minimal movement. Had a nice cold drink.... still didn't have the desired effect so went to bed.

she's usually very active when I'm sleeping and will sometimes even wake me up but last night she wasn't moving at all when I woke up... I didn't get much sleep.

This morning although she has moved occasionally it's not the same as before. She used to go mad when I ate/drank/had a bath I've done all of the above and it's triggered minimal movement**

Not sure if to call mw of see how we go!? Sigh....

probs gove them a call hun they can advise you best. Take care hope she moves for you.

I'd call if you're worried. It's probably nothing but it doesn't hurt to get checked just to put your mind at ease.

She's had a good wriggle around this evening so I'll see how she goes. Thanks ladies x

It's important to let your midwife or antenatal team know about ANY changes in your baby's usual movement. Have a look on the Count the Kicks website, they say you should never go to sleep thinking you'll see how it is in the morning - it doesn't matter how much of a pest you think you're being, it's their job to look after you and baby while you're pregnant, and that means checking out things like this even if it's never anything.

Midwives take changes in movement very seriously, i had a telling off for not calling right away yesterday, so it's always best to call.

They can pop you on one of those monitors for 30 minutes, really straight forward. :)

She's back to her normal banging on my cervix causing lighting crotch and general bouncing around now :) if she goes quiet again I'll call.

I had a listen in and her hb is good and the same as always too x

Glad to hear she's been wriggly for you today but if her movements concern you again you should call your midwife/delivery suite straight away. As PP said, it's easy enough to put you on the monitor and get a trace of baby's movements and heartrate to make sure she's ok.

All the best, I hope she behaves herself from now on! :)

I had a period of 2 days earlier this week when baby was quieter than normal and movements didn't seem as strong. I went in and was monitored. Everything was fine but the midwives stressed that i should call again if ever the movements change and to never feel like you are bothering them xx

I was told at my 34 week that because baby was head down he will roll about rather than defined kicks etc. She stressed you should still feel movement though but they will be different. She also stressed any concern at all regarding movement to contact hospital straight away, better to get it checked than not. If still concerned no harm in phoning for chat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->