Movements

MummyKP

Reaction score
The further along in my pregnancy I get, the more baby's movements change. I understand she's running out of room in there, so rather than constant kicks & punches like I had whilst in 2nd tri, I now have stretching and twisting movements. Her timings have also changed - she used to be wide awake & pretty active around 9pm, whereas now she wakes a little earlier than that, and is quiet later on when she used to be active. She moves every day, I make sure of that, but I feel like she should be moving more. Usually if I have a little feel of my belly, putting some light pressure on it makes her wiggle & move around. Is it likely that she has changed position/started engaging and this can affect what I feel? She could be active more than I realise but that's why I'm wandering if position can affect what we feel.

I think movements def change as they run out of room but if you're even a little bit concerned I'd get checked out.

movements may change but should never reduced. they say babies don't run out of room but my ds2 is proof they can. a scan showed he had.
Anyway if you have any concerns its always best to get checked out, they prefer you get checked out and there be nothing wrong then not get checked out and there be something wrong.

My situation sounds just like yours. I worried cause she wasn't moving at the typical times and so I got checked out and everything was fine. I think her awake schedule changed and at my ultrasound to determine position showed that she was head down and ready to engage. Lots of rolls and some kicks but definitely differently feelings than 2nd tri. All turned out fine but was comforting to go in for them to double check things. Your lo is probably acting similar to mine and we are similar weeks but if in doubt, go in for a check for peace of mind.

So since my quiet day with baby the other day she's been very active again :) I definitely think they change their schedule a little and the position effects it. She's head down, will find out next Wednesday if she's engaged yet, but I'm pretty sure she has started to engage now as I can feel it. Thanks everyone :)

I could have written your post myself. I feel him now mostly when I push lightly on my tummy with rolls and stretches but very little kicks and none of the stomach moving jabs and punches I had a few weeks ago.
He has gone head down (or he was at my last scan).
I'm just comforted by the fact he is moving. I've been into L&D already to check and he was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->